IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Markham Retail Park - Chesterfield

2»

Comments

• WaftyCrank
    WaftyCrank Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OK so sadly I missed the POPLA deadline for an appeal due to being out of the country. Today I have received a First Reminder of a £100 bill which is overdue.

So this will I shall write to my MP outlining the details of the case and the details of the company along with my proof of purchase from said site. In hopes that this will be the end of the matter.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Markham Retail Park
    Did you complain to the retail park management who contracted this PPC to infest the car park and bother customers unfairly? (Google for a website or an article about who runs it).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    WaftyCrank wrote: »
    OK so sadly I missed the POPLA deadline for an appeal due to being out of the country. Today I have received a First Reminder of a £100 bill which is overdue.

So this will I shall write to my MP outlining the details of the case and the details of the company along with my proof of purchase from said site. In hopes that this will be the end of the matter.

It'll now be in the hands of DRP, so fairly safe to ignore now. Our company has a couple at this stage that we are not concerning ourselves much about.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • StaffsSW
    As an update to this, we've had yet another ticket for this location, but I have submitted a very succinct POPLA appeal - prove the claim that the driver left the site, and prove that they have complied with POFA to hold the company liable as keeper.

About 20 lines of text in total and a letter of authority from the boss to show I'm permitted to submit the appeal.

There is an ulterior motive though....
  • StaffsSW
    This morning I had confirmation from POPLA that this appeal is not being contested.

I've advised Emma at BPA, and the local MP, Toby Perkins, who is well aware of the issues at this particular location.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done on POPLA win. I was never in doubt you'd win.
    There is an ulterior motive though....
    Are you able to share the 'secret'.... or is it part of a 'bigger plan'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • StaffsSW
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well done on POPLA win. I was never in doubt you'd win.

Are you able to share the 'secret'.... or is it part of a 'bigger plan'?

A number of us are getting ticketed on purpose, simply to prove that they won't contest these at POPLA, and it is nothing more than an abuse of the appeals process by making the drivers/keepers jump through the various hoops. The local MP is aware and watching with interest, as he receives a fair number of complaints about private parking around here.

BPA says it is for POPLA to take up, POPLA are saying it's for the BPA to resolve with their member.

In reality though, I suspect the operator will just jump ship to the IPC where this sort of behaviour is more acceptable.
  • Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They are absolute scumbags. I've just 'won' an uncontested appeal however the RK would have paid it had I not stopped them (because they didn't want the stress). I suspect many others do just pay up for similar reasons which is why they continue to issue these tickets. The more people that report the issue the better.
  • Hello
    How did this turn out for you, and what did you do?
    Pay up due to their scare mongering tactics?

Any help would be appreciated not just for me but others who are currently experiencing the same as me
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport