MSE News: Millions won't get advertised rates as EU weakens protection

2»

Comments

• harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    My DW has been given the Halifax "Clarity" sub prime interest rate.

Makes you wonder how prime the prime ones have to be as she has a steady income and a Halifax current account.

Perhaps it is because she pays her existing credit card off in total on time by direct debit ?
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    harryhound wrote: »
    My DW has been given the Halifax "Clarity" sub prime interest rate.

Makes you wonder how prime the prime ones have to be as she has a steady income and a Halifax current account.

Perhaps it is because she pays her existing credit card off in total on time by direct debit ?

What's her credit history like, plus what is her current level of debt compared to income?

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • Plus if she pays off in full by direct debit, who cares what the interest rate is?
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2011 at 3:33PM
    The Halifax "Clarity" card was meant to be a cheap way of getting cash from ATM's overseas.
    (Still not clear what happens if it is "accidentally" overpaid rather than waiting for the statement and (delayed?) direct debit).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure