Aperture- urgent thoughts please

Options
Hi everyone

I sought advice from the debt support trust as they were on the list of Martin's recommended calls.

An IVA has been established as the best debt assistance which I am happy with. She referred me to Aperture.

What concerns me is the way Aperture are handling it. I feel like they run 100 miles an hour on the calls and have chased me 3 times in the matter of 6 hours to read some paperwork.

Has anyone got positive experiences with aperture? I'm tempted to seem help elsewhere but also don't have the strength to go over everything again

Thanks

Laura

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    They are fairly well respected but it's very hard to make a recommendation as there is little published data on which to make comparisons.

Have a read at this

https://debtcamel.co.uk/choose-iva-firm/

As for DST, I was not familiar with them and so, as a test, I entered details in their 'Debt Analyser' that would be well suited to a DRO. It did not recommend a DRO.

I therefore wonder if an IVA is indeed your best strategy and so maybe you should take one step back and get advice from someone reputable like National Debtline.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good advice above, always seek a second opinion.

IVA’s do tend to be pushed by a lot of companies as they can make large fee’s from the arrangements.
    Stepchange and National debt line are good sources of help.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • DorisTrousers
    DorisTrousers Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    As far as IVA firms go, Aperture are one of the better ones. Debt Support Trust are a well respected charity as well, based in Scotland if memory serves.

As for debt remedy/debt analyser tools are concerned, I don't trust them an inch and set no store whatsoever on them at all. Only my opinion.

If you have been told by 2 agencies that an IVA is appropriate, then it probably is, but that does not mean that you cannot take further advice.

Are you a homeowner or tenant?

As for speed, 2 trains of thought. That can be a bit unnerving in one respect but also shows that they don't let the grass grow under their feet either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure