My DRO journey

Options

Comments

• snowwhyte
    snowwhyte Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They explained the DRO process, how it would affect me going forward and my responsibilities if my circumstances changed. They asked if I was in a DMP or IVA or if I'd ever been bankrupt or had a DRO before.
    Then we went through the details in my application. They didn't ask for updated payment amounts because those could change before the final application is ready to be submitted.
    It was all very straightforward, nothing to be worried about.
  • snowwhyte
    Options
    My final application arrived in the post this morning so that was quick. I have to complete it and get it back to them by May 21st or they'll cancel the application. It comes with 2nd class free post envelope but I might not be able to make a trip into town until next Thursday so I will probably post it 1st class signed for so I can be sure it reaches them on time.
  • snowwhyte
    Options
    I went to the post office, paid my fee and posted my application off first class signed for. I'm a bit paranoid because the letter with the application said that if they don't receive everything by the 21st May they will cancel the application. I would not trust the Royal Mail to get an important, time sensitive letter to it's destination on time if it was going 2nd class.
  • snowwhyte
    Options
    I got a phone call from my intermediary today. They received my application today. I confirmed that they had accurate amounts and that I wanted to go ahead. She is submitting it today and I should hear by Monday. She doesn't think there will be any problems since I have a very straightforward application.
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent news. Not long now.
  • snowwhyte
    Options
    I just got the text from my intermediary. My DRO has been approved. What a relief.
  • snowwhyte
    Options
    After I received my confirmation text from my intermediary I received my written confirmation from the insolvency service on the next working day. I was glad to receive it but that was the one day of the week I was unable to collect the post and the letter came with an insolvency service stamp on it. I don't know who in my family collected the post or if they saw the stamp. Also the corner of the letter had been lifted but that hopefully occurred in transit. I wish the letter hadn't been identifiable but there's not much I can do about it now.

Today I heard from Natwest that they had received confirmation of my insolvency and were closing my account. I haven't yet had letters from my other creditors.
  • VeryInTheRed
    VeryInTheRed Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hello : )

Who do you have the phone interview with?

The debt advise charity or the insolvency service?

Or both?

Asking on behalf of my wife (I am currently BR) and it now looks like she may need to do a DRO.

Thanks all,

VITR
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hello : )

Who do you have the phone interview with?

The debt advise charity or the insolvency service?

Or both?

You'll mostly be talking to the debt advice charity

After the application is submitted the DRO team at the Insolvency service can contact you to ask questions but in 99% of cases do not
  • gellerbing
    gellerbing Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Had to get upto date balances from my creditors which took forever!! finally paid my £90 on 4th june and rang them friday to let them know. I had to have a phone interview which lasted 40 mins and she submitted it there and then.
    Recieved a letter today confirming that my application had been submitted. I should hear back within 7-10 days which is the hardest part. I won't be able to relax until i get the decision, so hope those days go by fast.
    Wins: Cushelle Koala, Mama tea bundle, coconut ice cream recipe book
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport