MMD: Should I let them bury the dog?

Comments

• motoko
    motoko Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't see why not, as long as they don't leave a mess and the garden looks the same when they've finished. Sounds like they are pretty serious about buying the house if they want to do this, so I doubt they'll change their minds.

Even if they do, I don't see how this could possibly affect the sale of your house to someone else? There can't be many garden in the UK which don't have a pet buried in them somewhere, how is this any different?
  • Don't get me wrong I love my animals deeply and agree that cremation and burying ashes after purchase is best solution.
    I am not naturally suspicious, but have to ask how you would be sure that it is a large dog they wish to bury; a big hole in your garden, with contents you probably won't ask to view, raises questions. :cool:
  • aliberry
    aliberry Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If this is a real situation and not hypothetical, how can anyone say no to this poor family? The death of any pet is sad enough without the trauma of having to move as well.
    Of course you should let them, as long as they respect your wishes as to positioning as you'll have to live with the 'plot' till exchange. It is the kind thing to do, and may result in forging you some new friendships if you decide to keep in touch with the family after your move.
  • gaily
    gaily Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    henpecked1 wrote: »

I've just read the saga. What a palaver, and even though I said No way never, in my comment above, having read that they turned up with pitchfork and deceased doggy in the back of the car, and you in your sleepy stuff - they kinda had one up on you from the start!!!!!

Hope the move goes well (and quickly) and your buyers can be reunited with their friend soon!!
    Always on the hunt for a bargain. :rolleyes:

Always grateful for any hints, tips or guidance as to where the best deals are:smileyhea
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    Errata wrote: »
    Quisling :rotfl:
    Sssh, it's okay, see all the following posts.........even Henpecked's own link didn't help ;)
  • Oh that's gross! I can't believe its actually legal to bury something that big in your garden! Surely there are serious health issues!
    I would let them bury its ashes maybe, but not the whopping great corpse!
    Ew...I won't be able to my lunch for thinking about that now :(
  • ....it might not even be their dog.....maybe they hit it on the way to viewing your house and just want to dispose of the evidence.
    Still grossed out!
  • No Way! - Not until they've actually bought the place, (they can pay for storage until this happens). What if the contracts fall through? Who will want to buy the house then? Could they be in cohorts with another couple to use the fact that a dead animal is buried to lever a discount on the price?
  • tattoed_bum
    tattoed_bum Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    I followed the original thread it was hillarious ,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills