• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ohreally wrote: »

So far the deals is £10 return to Malmo, a city pass for transport, and cheap salad in the square. I did ask mods to move this to correct place but nothing happened so e are discussing anyway. Thanks guys.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The ebikes for rent are a great way to see the city. They have a big screen with Google maps. If you don’t know what to see, the have pre-prepared tour routes.

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/bycyklen-gdk495345
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Try the speciality chocolate liquorice , sounds horrible but is really nice.
    Don't jaywalk. The Danes like to follow rules and never do it.
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2019 at 12:34AM
    When on a cruise we did a bicycle tour in English which lasted around two hours and covered all the main sights in the city. The whole city is very bike friendly. Since then my son has moved there.

An early morning (before the crowds) walk up the Round Tower (Rundetarn) gives a great view of the city for about £3. The Botanical Garden is free but there is a charge for the Palm House.
    Interesting 'foodie' market across the main road from the main Metro station.
    I've walked to all the attractions within the city very easily - it's a small city with little traffic, having said that I'm not in a hurry to pack in as much as I can
    If buying a single Metro ticket from the airport to the city center the machine only accepts cards or coins, not notes. I thought everyone traveled with cards but on two occasions I've helped couples who only had notes.
    hollydays wrote: »
    Try the speciality chocolate liquorice , sounds horrible but is really nice.
    Don't jaywalk. The Danes like to follow rules and never do it.

Very true. Jaywalking also includes cycle paths
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We were there last week as we were on a Baltic Cruise. We did a free walking tour which was 90 minutes and called the Classical Tour. There is another at 11.am called the Grand Tour which takes three hours. We didn’t get there in time for that one. The Classical tour ends at the indoor food market, where two smorgasbord sandwiches and a pint of beer cost £29. Very tasty though!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The Church of Our Saviour is well worth a visit. You can climb the outside of the spire for fantastic views.

Not for the faint hearted!
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I second the recommendation for the Louisiana Museum - it is a wonderful place. You can buy a combined entry and rail ticket at the main railway station in Copenhagen - saves a bit of money, as well as having to queue for a ticket when you arrive at the museum.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks all had a great time. Everything in Denmark works, is clean and on time! That's where all those taxes go.

Anyway we bought the combined bus/metro/boat ticket at the airport £23 or so for 4/5 days.

It includes airport to the city don't waste money on a taxi. It's just like Barcelona straight from the airport to Copenhagen - easy. Also metro wherever you want to go in city (not sure of zones but only 2 - 3 now lines!)

Take the yellow boat free with the ticket and go all round the harbour. Get off to see Opera House, the Royal Danish Playhouse, and the Black Diamond Royal Library - all free entry and have cafes. the opera house is not always open but the library and playhouse are.

Also there is a boat trip for a fiver - just as good as the others which are dearer - maybe a bit cold now though. Google for this and pay on day at kiosk. Nyhavn, Copenhagen’s colourful and vibrant canal district has the coloured houses seen of jigsaws. But don't eat here as HUGE prices!

went to several churches and climbed up to the spire or took a lift - free and fun. Didn't try the outside walk to the spire but assured it is terrifying!

Went to Botanical gardens and saw a heron 5 foot away not deterred by us at all. But if you go check days as it is closed some days.

Downloaded the app Too good to go app (invented in Denmark) and picked up cheap food at breakfast and lunch times! £1.99 for a container of all sorts! This works in the UK too.

Went to the Carlsberg museum free on Tuesdays?? check if you want to go have a 20 for the locker or they sell you one!! Carlsberg Glyptotek not the other Carlsberg village which is closed for renovation.

Amalienborg Palace for the changing of the guard - we saw the rolls royce of the royal family arriving too. Nearby is the Frederik’s Church (Marble Church). This striking Rococo-style church with a large copper green dome is reminiscent of St Peter’s Basilica in Rome - free entry.

Freetown Christiania. Christiania is an anarchist and partially autonomous community that is one of Copenhagen’s most popular attractions. Christiania began as a social experiment in the early 1970s after a bunch of squatters moved into a deserted military barracks and were proponents of starting a free town. But beware we were caught in the middle of a drugs bust by armed police so do be careful if you go there. Normally it is fine we were assured!

So we had fun with minimum costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport