Orlando Florida/Disneyworld (Part 2) *CLOSED*

1530531532533534536»

Comments

• disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm going to Florida next year with DH & 3yr DD & 10 DS. We are staying on international drive and plan to do all the usual attractions. Ive read throught this thread and had loads of advice but I still don't know about hiring a car. :confused:. We're not really keen on driving but not sure how easy it is to bus it to all the attractions with 2 kids in tow. the cost of the car to hire is just under £400 or the airport transfer will cost £120.

Help!!!

Hi

Its hard to tell you whether to take the car of not. When we never used to take a car it was before the kids were born so we only had to worry about ourselves. So I would be minded to suggest a car for a few reasons really.

If your 3ry was anything like mine last year then they still have a buggy and even if they do not use one at home here they may well want one over there. Its much easier to throw this in the boot than lob it around the trams

Also you will have freedom, you will leave when you want and arrive when you want and your kids can sleep. You will also be free to go places like Busch Gardens etc nice and comfortably.

Now if you do not take a car there is a huge cost saving. The IRide trolley is so cheap its unbelievable but to get to other place you may need a cab or shuttle.

As for your car hire quote thats a lot! We just got my inlaws a mini van for 12 days for 210 quid all in. So I would shop around. The usual sites like Travel Supermarket or carhireflorida. Also there is a great new service you coudl try if you do not want to drive from the airport which is https://www.caronthedrive.com Peter who runs this company basically will collect you from the airport and take you back home again and your hire car will be waiting. Tell him Craig sent you and you want a good deal!! Cars are about 45 dollars NOT pounds a day.

HTH
    Craig
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Stew68 wrote: »
    So why have we been moved?? It took me ages to find this thread this morning. This thread will be a complete waste of time if it is moved with no warning at all.

Is somebody having a paddy??
    :o sorry folks I moved this thread in error while merging threads. I'll move it back now :o

Hope ye enjoyed your holiday :D
    :hello:
  • floydy
    floydy Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    All

OMG I have just read all of these posts, I am a little humbled and did not expect that sort of response. I was not going to post any more as it appear a few people thought I was after personal gain and pushing the shows, which was not the case. I am not in this for anything other than to help and spread the news.

It was not a knee jerk reaction but I wont help where its not needed or wanted but seeing all the messages I can see that it was just a few so I am happy to stay on.

Thanks all.

Craig
    craig, thankyou so much for ur invaluable contribution on this thread

i regularly dip in and out as we're going to orlando next month (5th time)

there are always new tips/suggestions to find....

i have posted a few q's and have been given ur time and effort by replying, and i have been enormously grateful

please keep ur sterling contributions up:T

ditto to all those other posters who share their advice too

floydy:j
  • I posted a few pages back asking for advice on wheat free eating in Disney Florida and thank you for those who got back to me .

I aslo emailed [EMAIL="WDW.Special.Diets@disney.com"]WDW.Special.Diets@disney.com[/EMAIL] asking about what snacks are wheat free. sometimes you dont want to sit in a resturant.

They sent me today 6 documents full of information on what food and where they are sold , that are wheat free or allergy free . I feel so much better knowing i can even have allergy free chicken tenderlions , or even wheat free bread .

Hope this helps someone , the ladys name is :

Brenda Bennett
    Special Dietary Request
    Executive Offices
    Walt Disney World Resort
    407-824-5967
  • CAH
    CAH Posts: 14 Forumite
    all

omg i have just read all of these posts, i am a little humbled and did not expect that sort of response. I was not going to post any more as it appear a few people thought i was after personal gain and pushing the shows, which was not the case. I am not in this for anything other than to help and spread the news.

It was not a knee jerk reaction but i wont help where its not needed or wanted but seeing all the messages i can see that it was just a few so i am happy to stay on.

Thanks all.

Craig

excellent news !!!
  • teallach
    teallach Posts: 182 Forumite
    All

OMG I have just read all of these posts, I am a little humbled and did not expect that sort of response. I was not going to post any more as it appear a few people thought I was after personal gain and pushing the shows, which was not the case. I am not in this for anything other than to help and spread the news.

It was not a knee jerk reaction but I wont help where its not needed or wanted but seeing all the messages I can see that it was just a few so I am happy to stay on.

Thanks all.

Craig

Glad to hear it:D What's the bet that the people who complained don't even post on here? Considering the number of websites which are mentioned on this thread, i can't believe anyone would complain about things which were non profit making and helpful:rolleyes:
  • SmileyS_2
    SmileyS_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Quick question or 2 planning to go to Florida next year and i needed to Know
    1 can i hire a car with points on my License
    2 Will my sat nav work in a American car
    3 can i take over my laptop can i charge it up over their
    thanks in advance
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Hi folks

As this thread now has over 5000 posts, it's been closed.

Please refer to the new thread:

Orlando/Florida Thread (Part 3)

Cheers :)

(I'll leave this up as a sticky until the weekend for the sake of continuity)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure