Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grizzly one
    • By Grizzly one 17th Aug 19, 9:18 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Grizzly one
    Overturning parking as landowner
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:18 PM
    Overturning parking as landowner 17th Aug 19 at 9:18 PM
    Hi, I have a bit of an odd question that I was wondering if you might be able to help me with.

I've been issued with a couple of parking tickets due to the online app failing, I've read the appeals and newbie threads so am familiar with that route but I'm in a bit of a unique position.

I'm the Space Manager for the Real Estate department of the landowner, I have read that the landowner can tell the operator to cancel the ticket and considering my job I was wondering if it would be possible for me to email the company from my work email and just cancel it?

It would be similar to a store manager emailing and cancelling their own ticket as many threads have said they have had store managers cancelling customer tickets.

I was wondering if any one else has been in the unique position of being able to act on behalf of the landowner.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Aug 19, 9:37 PM
    • 24,700 Posts
    • 39,774 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:37 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:37 PM
    You should be on a whitelist to ensure you are not targeted. You should be in a good position to pull rank to get this cancelled. Just do it.

Presumably you will be equally concerned to help any other motorist so harassed by your company's decision to impose a predator on whatever site you occupy?

Which parking company?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 17th Aug 19, 9:59 PM
    • 4,057 Posts
    • 5,068 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:59 PM
    • 17th Aug 19, 9:59 PM
    I have heard of space managers removing signs and turning power off for ANPR camera s in the past
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th Aug 19, 10:45 AM
    • 14,781 Posts
    • 15,357 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 18th Aug 19, 10:45 AM
    • 18th Aug 19, 10:45 AM
    Of course you can legitimately use your company stationery to get this cancelled.

At the same time you might like to consider making a case to your bosses to get this scammer thrown of this complex, PPCs have no place on residential car parks, they harass residents, depress rents, and lower resale values. If they ticket their employers, think how much they make life difficult for residents.

FYI, parliament are in the process of taking steps to severely curb the excesses of these scammers as nine times out of ten these tickets are scams.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Aug 19, 10:13 AM
    • 75,663 Posts
    • 88,709 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:13 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:13 AM
    Switch the power off, get this stopped, and certainly email to cancel it!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • waamo
    • By waamo 19th Aug 19, 11:28 AM
    • 7,695 Posts
    • 10,435 Thanks
    waamo
    • 19th Aug 19, 11:28 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 11:28 AM
    ISTR one landowner got so annoyed at a parking company he did indeed cut the power to all the cameras on his (multiple) sites.
    This space for hire.
    • Grizzly one
    • By Grizzly one 20th Aug 19, 1:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grizzly one
    • 20th Aug 19, 1:03 PM
    • 20th Aug 19, 1:03 PM
    I will let you know what happens and if I can get this addressed our side I absolutely will.
    • Grizzly one
    • By Grizzly one 30th Aug 19, 8:37 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grizzly one
    • 30th Aug 19, 8:37 AM
    • 30th Aug 19, 8:37 AM
    Update:

The appeal went it and within 2 hours I was pulled into an office by a director as the appeal went to the head of security.

I had a bit of a telling off for misuse of my role. The head of security has overturned one parking ticket with the other left to run.

I had a rejection notice email at 11:00 saying I had until the end of that day to pay at the reduced rate. so this has now shot up to 100 as I have only just seen the email 2 days later.

I've emailed first parking asking why I was only given such a short period of time to pay the reduced rate and that my understanding was 14 days to pay.

Will see where that one goes but am likely going to pay the 2nd ticket.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 30th Aug 19, 9:47 AM
    • 3,618 Posts
    • 5,390 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 30th Aug 19, 9:47 AM
    • 30th Aug 19, 9:47 AM
    am likely going to pay the 2nd ticket.
    Originally posted by Grizzly one
    No-o-o-o-o-o-o!
    • Grizzly one
    • By Grizzly one 30th Aug 19, 4:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grizzly one
    They responded with the following, Their email gave me 4 hours to respond at the reduced rate which seems more than a little unfair:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. The offer of paying the reduced fee is only available within 14 days of the PCN being issued with the exception of an appeal being received.

If an appeal is received within 14 days, the reduced fee is placed on hold until the appeal decision has been made. In the event of an appeal being rejected, the reduced fee is available for the time that was left when the PCN was placed on hold.

In this case, your appeal was received on the 14th day so when your appeal had been rejected, you only had until the end of the day to make payment of the reduced fee of 60.00. The 14 days does not re-start upon rejection.

The amount due is now 100.00 - please visit -website- for payment details.

Kind regards,

Administration Assistant
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Aug 19, 4:41 PM
    • 24,567 Posts
    • 31,299 Thanks
    Redx
    May as well leave the appeal in if it's the full 100 that they want

Their problem unless they take you to small claims court and persuade a judge that you owe the full invoice
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 30th Aug 19, 4:42 PM
    • 7,695 Posts
    • 10,435 Thanks
    waamo
    They responded with the following, Their email gave me 4 hours to respond at the reduced rate which seems more than a little unfair:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. The offer of paying the reduced fee is only available within 14 days of the PCN being issued with the exception of an appeal being received.

If an appeal is received within 14 days, the reduced fee is placed on hold until the appeal decision has been made. In the event of an appeal being rejected, the reduced fee is available for the time that was left when the PCN was placed on hold.

In this case, your appeal was received on the 14th day so when your appeal had been rejected, you only had until the end of the day to make payment of the reduced fee of 60.00. The 14 days does not re-start upon rejection.

The amount due is now 100.00 - please visit -website- for payment details.

Kind regards,

Administration Assistant
    Originally posted by Grizzly one
    Nobody ever seems to get the discount. Strange that. Even when they pay promptly there is always a reason why it's not given.

Which parking company is this? Did you get details of how to appeal further?
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Aug 19, 4:46 PM
    • 24,567 Posts
    • 31,299 Thanks
    Redx
    First Parking , BPA operator

Should receive a popla code , so use it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 30th Aug 19, 4:52 PM
    • 7,695 Posts
    • 10,435 Thanks
    waamo
    First Parking , BPA operator

Should receive a popla code , so use it
    Originally posted by Redx
    Thanks, missed that. Did you get a POPLA code?
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

493Posts Today

6,436Users online

Martin's Twitter