Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LastbutFast
    • By LastbutFast 15th Aug 19, 4:56 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 11Thanks
    LastbutFast
    Tsb online banking; here we go again?
    • 15th Aug 19, 4:56 AM
    Tsb online banking; here we go again? 15th Aug 19 at 4:56 AM
    Unable to log on to either app or online banking for the last couple of hours; despite their website saying services are available. Appears I am not alone with this problem.
Page 1
    • LastbutFast
    • By LastbutFast 15th Aug 19, 5:41 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LastbutFast
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:41 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:41 AM
    Just opened an email from TSB:
    “There’s a new message waiting for you in your Internet Banking inbox.
    This message is important and needs your attention.”
    It helps to have a sense of humour with this outfit. Time to consider switching away methinks.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 15th Aug 19, 5:46 AM
    • 10,821 Posts
    • 10,041 Thanks
    colsten
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:46 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:46 AM
    I have logged into the app just now without problems.
    • LastbutFast
    • By LastbutFast 15th Aug 19, 5:54 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LastbutFast
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:54 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:54 AM
    Thank you Colsten. I have also just managed to log into the app after a couple of frustrating hours. Downdetector has over 800 reports of tsb online problems so far today!
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 15th Aug 19, 6:53 AM
    • 1,822 Posts
    • 1,295 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    • 15th Aug 19, 6:53 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 6:53 AM
    I've logged in as well but it looks like something has updated overnight as I had a notification prior to my password request
    3.975 KW Solar PV. 15 Canadian Black 265w panels with Sunny Boy 3600tl Inverter. SSE facing with 30 degree pitch. In occasionally sunny Sheffield.
    Toyota Auris Hybrid Tourer
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 15th Aug 19, 7:08 AM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 2,030 Thanks
    Ballard
    • 15th Aug 19, 7:08 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 7:08 AM
    I couldn’t log on earlier either but I had nothing urgent to do so waited an hour or two and tried again, this time successfully. No drama.
    I hate verisimilitude.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 15th Aug 19, 8:54 AM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 15th Aug 19, 8:54 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 8:54 AM
    Just opened an email from TSB:
    “There’s a new message waiting for you in your Internet Banking inbox.
    This message is important and needs your attention.”
    It helps to have a sense of humour with this outfit. Time to consider switching away methinks.
    Originally posted by LastbutFast
    I wonder what they will say in the email if they have a message for you that really is "important & needs your attention" & not just another monthly statement.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 15th Aug 19, 1:14 PM
    • 7,320 Posts
    • 6,896 Thanks
    badger09
    • 15th Aug 19, 1:14 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 1:14 PM
    I wonder what they will say in the email if they have a message for you that really is "important & needs your attention" & not just another monthly statement.
    Originally posted by EssexExile
    And why can't those messages which are "important and need your attention" be read in the app, like Lloyds, BoS etc
    • Brambleberry
    • By Brambleberry 19th Aug 19, 11:27 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    Brambleberry
    • 19th Aug 19, 11:27 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 11:27 AM
    Also received a similar email on the 15th - but I'm struggling to find my inbox on the website - where has it gone?

Haven't needed to use the site for a while, so not as familiar with its set-up as my main bank, but if anyone can tell me what and where to click to see this "important" communication I'd be most grateful!
    Mortgage Free Oct 2018
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 19th Aug 19, 12:55 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    EssexExile
    Also received a similar email on the 15th - but I'm struggling to find my inbox on the website - where has it gone?

Haven't needed to use the site for a while, so not as familiar with its set-up as my main bank, but if anyone can tell me what and where to click to see this "important" communication I'd be most grateful!
    Originally posted by Brambleberry
    It was top right hand corner once logged in but it doesn't seem to be there today!
    • Brambleberry
    • By Brambleberry 19th Aug 19, 1:09 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    Brambleberry
    Thanks for checking EssexExile, glad it's not just me!
    Mortgage Free Oct 2018
    Never underestimate the power of a beautiful spreadsheet.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 19th Aug 19, 1:39 PM
    • 21,166 Posts
    • 15,400 Thanks
    molerat
    I've got an inbox, I must be special
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 19th Aug 19, 4:10 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    EssexExile
    I've got an inbox, I must be special
    Originally posted by molerat
    Mine's back now, 3 important messages, none of which are important.

Sorry to burst your bubble Molerat.
    • SlovakianGuy
    • By SlovakianGuy 20th Aug 19, 12:30 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    SlovakianGuy
    I wonder if you guys can update your income details in TSB online banking. I've tried several times over the last year or so, but every time I save it and then check it again, my income shows 0 again.

Not to mention that their online banking is still unreliable. This bank p*sses me off incredibly. If it wasn't my only account held for several years I would've switched it away long time ago.

They even refuse to issue a credit card to me after more than 5 years with them, constantly in positive balances (at one point over 10k), I'm still pre-declined in their system while got approved for 3 normal (not credit builders) credit cards elsewhere. Looks to me like TSB think of themselves as some kind of super posh bank with super tough criteria for obtaining their lousy credit card or anything else. Not that I really need it, I just wonder what problem do they have with me. Even their debit card comes either with or without a contactless feature "subject to status". Of course, my status is not good enough so my card isn't contactless, lol. They won't tell me anything in branch since they don't know anything. Really very bad bank. The interest they pay on Classic Plus account is the only positive thing I can think of when talking about TSB.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 20th Aug 19, 2:18 PM
    • 4,812 Posts
    • 1,573 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    I wonder if you guys can update your income details in TSB online banking. I've tried several times over the last year or so, but every time I save it and then check it again, my income shows 0 again.

Not to mention that their online banking is still unreliable. This bank p*sses me off incredibly. If it wasn't my only account held for several years I would've switched it away long time ago.

They even refuse to issue a credit card to me after more than 5 years with them, constantly in positive balances (at one point over 10k), I'm still pre-declined in their system while got approved for 3 normal (not credit builders) credit cards elsewhere. Looks to me like TSB think of themselves as some kind of super posh bank with super tough criteria for obtaining their lousy credit card or anything else. Not that I really need it, I just wonder what problem do they have with me. Even their debit card comes either with or without a contactless feature "subject to status". Of course, my status is not good enough so my card isn't contactless, lol. They won't tell me anything in branch since they don't know anything. Really very bad bank. The interest they pay on Classic Plus account is the only positive thing I can think of when talking about TSB.
    Originally posted by SlovakianGuy
    Do you actually deposit your salary into the account?

If they won't issue you with even a contactless debit card, that tells you all you need to know
    • SlovakianGuy
    • By SlovakianGuy 20th Aug 19, 7:16 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    SlovakianGuy
    Do you actually deposit your salary into the account?

If they won't issue you with even a contactless debit card, that tells you all you need to know
    Originally posted by Heng Leng

Not any more. Used to deposit my salary into the account for 4 years, used their debit card for all spending. Paid my rent from the account. Also had ISA with them where I transferred some money from the current account every month. They knew literally everything about me.
    • 20SmthngSver
    • By 20SmthngSver 21st Aug 19, 8:34 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    20SmthngSver
    It must just be me but I've had a TSB Classic Plus since October and I've never had an issue with anything. In branch or online. Always had great service. Never had online faults or inaccessibility logging in.
    • 20SmthngSver
    • By 20SmthngSver 21st Aug 19, 8:35 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    20SmthngSver
    Contactless is subject to status, they don't have to issue it to a customer if they don't want to. And it's not really a necessity anyway, you've got Chip & Pin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

493Posts Today

6,436Users online

Martin's Twitter