<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you've got off to a good start redo. I'm another one with hoards of toiletries. I have a beauty box subscription once a month, which I love and would never give up as well worth £11.25, and I'm a devil for the Clinique gift with purchase. However, there's no need for me to buy anything this year unless I run out of something - which is highly unlikely :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That sounds like a good list Redo, I love fresh starts :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    2018 Aims
    . To eat a more balanced diet that helps my problems rather than hinders. Proper plated meal, including veg, at least five days a week.

[/LIST]

From reading your thread I always think your meals sound eminently healthy as well as tasty! Good stuff with some treats thrown in!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From reading your thread I always think your meals sound eminently healthy as well as tasty! Good stuff with some treats thrown in!

They do sound great don't they. Hopefully she'll start eating them ;)
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2018 at 12:22AM
    Options
    Trouble is Pauline I write lists and then my head thinks things are done.

I'm so glad it's not just me. Sometimes the safest way for me to ensure something doesn't get done is to write it on a list. :(

A lot of your aims resonate with me. Also have enough hand and body creams to last a fair while, but I do need to buy a decent facial scrub which should be reasonably environmentally friendly (and ideally inexpensive). Any suggestions, anyone?

Kohlrabi is lovely home grown. Best harvested early when they are still small, as they're much more tender and sweet (and don't have the woody bits).
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Trouble is Pauline I write lists and then my head thinks things are done.

I read other people diaries and think I'm making progress. :rotfl:
    2018 Aims
    • To make an over payment on the mortgage every single month - no matter how small. From saving on spending if income not available.
    • To not buy any skincare products at all before Christmas 2018, no matter how good the offers are.
    • To not buy any more 'it'll do' clothes, and to re-home the things that are tatty, don't fit or don't suit me. Clear out by end of January.
    • To take better care of myself - use moisturiser every single day, and do something more focused weekly. To eat a more balanced diet that helps my problems rather than hinders. Proper plated meal, including veg, at least five days a week.
    • To develop the business, including the books. Skeleton of book 1 by end of January.

Brilliant list.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Im the same with the hand cream/moisturiser situation when I'm back at work Redo. We should definitely make more time for ourselves even if its 10 mins an evening xx
    Mummytogirls x

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    2018 Aims
    • To make an over payment on the mortgage every single month - no matter how small. From saving on spending if income not available.
    • To not buy any skincare products at all before Christmas 2018, no matter how good the offers are.
    • To not buy any more 'it'll do' clothes, and to re-home the things that are tatty, don't fit or don't suit me. Clear out by end of January.
    • To take better care of myself - use moisturiser every single day, and do something more focused weekly. To eat a more balanced diet that helps my problems rather than hinders. Proper plated meal, including veg, at least five days a week.
    • To develop the business, including the books. Skeleton of book 1 by end of January.
    This is a great list. :T
    My hands are like sandpaper :( A totally unnecessary lack of self care.
    I have promised myself a tub of lovely hand cream on my bedside cabinet with a box of tissues like normal people have! Thanks for the reminder I will be making good on this promise today ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

Food shopping this morning. MrM had further reduced cards and paper to 50p so another three plain rolls and a pack of cards have joined the stash. Resisted half price cheeseboards. Lots of nice things very reduced in MrL too but resisted as they are all treaty extra things that we don't need and wont miss. Did buy half price pistachios in MrAl as the boy who doesn't eat loves them.

More work jumpers inspected and hung up on the new rail. 14 so far :o but at least now I can see what I have.

New moisturiser is now out on my bedside drawers so I can put some on before I go downstairs and get sucked into the inevitably busy world of being me.

Mrschaos - I like Clinique seven day scrub as its a good regular use scrub. I'm also a fan of REN one minute miracle which is a scrub that dissolves when you add the water. It turns up in the half price REN gift sets fairly regularly.

Seasidegal I am afraid Greenbee is right, I cook things but I don't always eat them. I think its fair to say I am a notorious meal dodger, hence the target I've set myself.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you. I'll have a look, but will also check what's available in the Body Shop - £5 voucher to be used by tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback