The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    burtha: hot water bottle and an early night for you would sound like a plan.

Do tell, I'm dying to hear, how did the football team do?

So..... 3mw is coming to paint. What is he expecting? A guard of honour? A fanfare? A gold star?

I'd give him a bucket of cold water..........dropped from a great height.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just popping in to send Karcher huge hugs and positive vibes xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,185
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Karcher have a dodgy hug with love from Blackpool :grouphug: hope things improve soon xxx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you all. It really does help :) xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    karcher Wishing you strength, health and courage xx

burtha I agree with monnagran's suggestion of the cold water! xx
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Very tempted with the water for 3mw ... but will rise above it :D for now ...
    Yes think he should get a standing ovation when he comes to paint ....not lol
    Football .....we won ...woop woop ... 1 -0 , was worth being cold for ... 2nd game of the season ... last year they were bottom of there league ,only one one game ....This year's got to be better :T

So today ,dogs walked at 6 30 am , run around dropping /collection of kids to/from school ,work , so far tonight ,joiner here :j ... kids quick snack,dogs done , walked , cassorole in over for later ,about to go to boot camp .... washer on ....Please pray they don't have homework they need me for :rotfl:..... then midnight dog walk .....
    and repeat tomorrow
    Love it
    xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Gosh burtha, do you ever meet yourself coming back? And when kindly people tell you that you really need something nice to happen, do you think, "Noooooo! I don't want anything to happen, even if it is nice. I don't have time for anything to happen."

I also remember the delights of standing for hours in the teeth of an easterly gale watching small boys covering themselves with mud.

You sound incredibly organised, I'm lost in admiration.

karcher, be gentle with yourself. You know we are all rooting for you, don't you?. I'm even lighting my posh Yanky Candle for you every night and praying that you find some peaceful moments.

I don't care for these dark evenings. There are advantages to living in one room, I make my hot water bottle, draw the curtains and retire to bed. There I can watch TV, read, listen to the radio or music and be warm, comfortable and cosy. Bliss.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, it's 10 30 and I'm sitting still... :), managed to fit everything in... but yes really want nothing else to happen ...
    Could do with another few hours added into the day sometimes ....
    Not looking forward to the dark nights ,to much to fit in before darkness ... may just have to run faster :D
    Joiner doing a good job , think he will be here all week , fingers crossed ... then house on the market within the next 2 weeks ...

Hugs to anyone that wants one :)
    X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm so glad you found a good joiner burtha :T I'm amazed at how much you're getting done! xx

Went to Bluewater yesterday as i really needed a jumper for when it turns colder; I always used to buy them at BHS! I got a lovely one in M & S but it cost £mumble :o so it will be my "best" warm jumper and treated very tenderly, and hopefully it will stay looking nice for a lot longer than my acrylic ones have.

I became more tired than I expected walking part of the way round and then back to the car, so taking things a bit gently today. But have hoovered upstairs and have the first of two loads in the wash, so all is not lost.
  • I haven't caught up properly yet . Busier than a busy bee .
    Just want to send love and light to Karcher.. One step at a time love , I hope you begin to sort through your stressful time and know others are thinking of you x

Take care everyone and hope the tail end of Storm Aileen avoids your areas . Battening down the hatches again here , so same old , same old .
    burtha you sound like a different woman . Go you !!! 3MW really sums him up - although he doesn't sound wonderful at all . Possibly just in his head .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure