IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC SCS Law Court Help!!!

Comments

• I'm wondering if you could help me guys. Where I live there is a private residential car park which I have a permit for. But on 3 occasions I failed to display my permit in the 4 years I have lived here. I stupidly ignored the letters and this morning I have had a letter from SCS Law stating I owe £495 from 3 parking tickets each £165. This is a letter before claim. They are acting for Premier Park LTD. I must add the tickets I had were from various companies. It states if I wish to avoid court proceedings to pay Debt Recovery Plus. It refers me to supreme Court decision in parking eye Ltd v beavis 2015. Now I'm a single mum of 2 on low income so I don't have a lot of time or money. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,607
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You need to start your own thread please.

But first, look down the thread list on page one of this parking board only, for hairray's thread and read it in full. Letters from last week there showing how to attack.

You should also be complaining to your MP, next week, not weakly but ANGRILY that this industry is pursuing people for living in their own homes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I'm struggling to work out how to create a new thread. I've been reading about it but it's all just a blur I'm really struggling to understand it all and what to do.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,607
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    But my signature tells you where to click...one click gets you to page one.

...and surely when you signed up there was a video/email tutorial about how to use the forum?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alex.o.2017
    Alex.o.2017 Posts: 26 Forumite
    I have received nothing further from UKPC or SCS law regarding the invoices yet... So I will hold off photo posting until such time :beer:thank you all but knowing my luck I will be back in need of your skills :beer:
  • Alex.o.2017
    Chelsea make sure you click the thanks button for the posts as their expertise are priceless :beer:
  • Alex.o.2017
    Hi again, told you I would be back! :( I have received another letter from SCS law and would like to get some opinions on what to do now, should I blank out my details and post an image of it or type it up? Thanks as always everyone! :beer:
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi again, told you I would be back! :( I have received another letter from SCS law and would like to get some opinions on what to do now, should I blank out my details and post an image of it or type it up? Thanks as always everyone! :beer:

1: blank out all personal details and ref numbers
    2: upload to a free site like photobucket
    3: show the link here using hxxp not http and someone will
    make it live
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite

To whom does the letter tell you to pay, please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Alex.o.2017
    The second letter pack from SCS is large and includes a whole manner of enlarged photos and copies of the tickets... It states I need to pay "their client" within 14 days.... I will scan it all in at work tomorrow and post up around 6 pm tomorrow for you all to eyeball and use your fantastic skills :) at least I have the best support possible which keeps me calm :beer::j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure