PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• JAMANDA what a wonderful thing to do, that little pup literally owes you his life, you are such a good person. I wish you all, Jet included the very best of happy lives and happiness and love for the pupkin, does he have a name yet?
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How can people be so 'orrid! Thank what ever you hold sacred for people like you jamanda!
    Must use my stash up!
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Colin the Collie

(Collibobs, Colliwobbles)
  • Love it!!! Welcome to OS life COLIN, I wish you the happiest and most loved of lives small one with your new Mumi and your brother Jet, so lovely!!!
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not so lovely when 2 bouncing pups (Jet has grown A LOT) are pinging off the walls, people and furniture. It is like a bear garden in my living room.

There was absolutely nothing else I could have done when I found the pup. I also know that you would have done exactly the same thing.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 9 June 2016 at 6:18PM
    Welcome Colin! I wonder if anyone here followed Piquant's thread where she had a cat called Colin who was always mentioned in the smallest possible font?

You were meant to find Colin the Collie, simple as.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh Lyn. Has it really been a whole year? The mere fact that we are still talking about dear, illiterate Docky shows how much he has occupied our hearts.

Jamanda: Good for you. Colin was obviously meant for you. Keep that thought in mind when you survey the wreckage of your house.

I've had a wonderful day with my visitor. It is quite right, you can't make old friends. The years melted away as we relived some hilarious times. What would life be without our friends. I have heard that friends are the family we choose for ourselves and have to say that i have chosen wisely, they are a loving and supportive comfort blanket.

Lucky me!

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Mrs. L - Bless you for remembering my Jessie!
    Jamanda - may the little foundling pup bring you and Jet much happiness.

I was driving down the A12 the other day when I saw a terrified little black dog trying to cross the carriageway. I pulled into the first layby and dialled 999. I soooooo wanted to turn back and meet the police to say, if they caught the wee pup, I would take him home and foster/adopt him. How can people just dump animals like that?

Thinking loving thoughts of Docky, Jess, Lil and the Prince having a wonderful game of 'fetch' up there with all our loved moggies keeping their distance!
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You are a good person jamanda, I hope Colin and Jet have a long and happy time together. Makes me really mad when folk dump animals.

Your day sounds fab monna, you're right, choose your friends wisely and you will be rewarded forever.

Today started off cloudy and much fresher but buy this afternoon it was back to 25 degrees and very sunny. My shift at the hospice was extremely warm but a nice cool shower when I got home made me feel better.

Off for an early night as the house alarms were going off intermittently from 4.20 this morning (mine included) due to some sort of electrical fault. Apparently it covered about 10 miles.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wow that sounds like a racket camelot. I was up at that time too but have had a long nap since. We should have joined Softstuff and Monna.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure