No key hole?

Options

Comments

• Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Skoda Fabia. And I don't carry the spare key round with me.
    I think I need to do a closer inspection. And possibly read the manual. :)

Swap the key at home so you do carry the spare and the washed key becomes the spare.
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Any thoughts? Just doesn't seem as practical to me, given that electronics are more likely to go on the blink that your bog standard key.

Have you read the manual ?

Last couple of my cars I've had to remove a plastic cover over the handle to reveal a keyhole. Without reading I'd never had known
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Steady, tiger...
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »

Last couple of my cars I've had to remove a plastic cover over the handle to reveal a keyhole. Without reading I'd never had known
    Have you read the thread!! :rotfl:
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tale the battery out and let it dry out. Unless it's already caused shorting the only damage now will be caused by rusting so if its still working then get it dry and cleaned up inside and you should get away with it.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would recommend taking the battery out then give the entire fob a good rinsing in lukewarm distilled or deionised water then leave it someone warm to totally dry out.
    Even though it might be dry and working now, any deposits left in there from the detergent or conditioned may well eat away at the electronics over time.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    My dad's Micra has the hidden keyhole on the passenger side. I'm not sure how much help it would be if he needed to use it. The car is usually in his garage hard up against the wall that side!
    Presumably using that keyhole would unlock all doors, and not just the passenger door? The designers can't be that stupid, surely?
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    Presumably using that keyhole would unlock all doors, and not just the passenger door? The designers can't be that stupid, surely?

How do they design that then?

I mean if the reason why you’re going in that way is due to a flat battery how’s the central locking going to work?
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

On my [STRIKE]Renault[/STRIKE] Nee-San, the doors auto deadlock, so they would never open from the passenger side, or inside, the only way to deactivate the deadlocks would be to turn the ignition on.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    edited 25 May 2018 at 1:51PM
    Options
    How do they design that then?

I mean if the reason why you!!!8217;re going in that way is due to a flat battery how!!!8217;s the central locking going to work?
    Flat fob battery is the most likely reason for having to use the keyhole I would have thought. Not flat car battery.

And to cater for flat car battery how about designing keyholes on both sides of the car? Hardly rocket science. Just on the passenger side is brain dead. The passenger door is far more likely to be inaccessible eg parked against a wall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure