Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 May 2018 at 11:58AM
    mhoc wrote: »
    Nice find - you have to add on vat and £2.95 for postage but even so. Its a nice simple website. They have mens, ladies and comfort fits eg Womens have leather sandals for £6.50 and mens start from toe-posts for £1.
    I've got 2 sandals in the basket at them moment and the total is just under £20 .... just trying to talk myself out of it :)

http://www.homeofcoolers.co.uk/shop.html

:j:j:j They have arrived & the first thing he said was a POSITIVE :eek: comment :eek::eek::D:D He likes them :j:j

Go for it Mhoc - squidgy lightweight leather sandals :)

I am particularly taken to the pink sandals for £6.50 ...

l055-colour-white-size-7-16364-p.jpg

http://www.homeofcoolers.co.uk/RS100020482[1].html
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• ChelseaFred
    ChelseaFred Posts: 509 Forumite
    Thanks lesliejack:T

Silly me! Tesco not on list of Stores that accept them (M, Co-op &W) but nothing printed on the voucher so I tried one at T tonight. Went through no problem, SA had to input price as usual but it was accepted.;)

ChelseaFred:)

Sorry to quote my own post but I've been back and tried two more Princes Fruit Vouchers at T. On offer at 2 for £1.60 so 40p overage - my sort of price:T SA took no problem:)
    I understand that they are same price in M, will try there later;)

• ChelseaFred
    [QUOTE=Snap-ant;

I am particularly taken to the pink sandals for £6.50 ...

l055-colour-white-size-7-16364-p.jpg

http://www.homeofcoolers.co.uk/RS100020482[1].html[/QUOTE]

I'd wear those with a nice pair of black ankle socks:cool:

CF:)
  • ChelseaFred
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Well nearly, I haven't heard a thing from Covent Garden Soup/Hain Daniels wanting to keep me signed up :(

Wonder why

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How many of your Accounts have you checked?:rotfl:

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Topcashback this morning have a weekend bonus offer so if you resisted the Quidco weekend bonus offer yesterday you can now no longer resist :)

This time you just need to spend £5 - or £6 if you include vat - Quidco offer is for £10 or £12 if you include vat.
    In theory you could do both if you can think of enough things to buy.

I've just gone for loo paper and some bits from Superdrug and also I did a Boots order for some no 17 BB creams (some items are buy 2 and get a free gift) and more loo paper.

No 17 is being discontinued so whatever stock is left is quite cheap so I good time to stock up on some cheap and cheerful everyday things. I don't think they are online anymore but I managed to get instore the sculpting brow pencil with a little brush in the lid for £1.44 and these were even cheaper online.

Superdrug - there are numerous multi buy offers but the loreal one is quite good - buy 3 get 200 points. This includes the travel sizes. There is a travel size conditioner and shampoo - sadly the shampoo out of stock at the moment - so 3 for £3 and you would get 200 - I don't know if 6 for £6 would get you 400 points....maybe

My Superdrug and little Boots are opposite each other so I am hoping to co-ordinate collecting parcels on Neroos Tuesday but then I forgot about the bank holiday weekend ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sorry to quote my own post but I've been back and tried two more Princes Fruit Vouchers at T. On offer at 2 for £1.60 so 40p overage - my sort of price:T SA took no problem:)
    I understand that they are same price in M, will try there later;)

also supposed to be 2 for £1.50 in Iceland - not sure how happy they are for taking coupons though.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Old_Bill
    Old_Bill Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    also supposed to be 2 for £1.50 in Iceland - not sure how happy they are for taking coupons though.

I've always found Iceland fine taking coupons
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Old_Bill wrote: »
    I've always found Iceland fine taking coupons

I've never had any problem with Iceland taking my Heinz vouchers, in fact they're always quite happy about it :D

I just got off the phone to M, who had very kindly agreed to replace an M fiver that had expired. We used the till, waited and nothing came out. Used the card again and still nothing. The guy on the phone said that the voucher did print and was used 3 minutes after the card was scanned :mad::mad:

They have replaced it again, with the advice to go to a manned till and not self checkout in future
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

sandals-and-socks-an-ode-to-comfort.jpeg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure