Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• pauljoecoe
    pauljoecoe Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Living out of the country at the moment and had missed this decision by Tesco to stop direct debits going from internet savers.

I need a direct debit from my M & S account. I have linked the M & S account to my PayPal but cannot see how you create a direct debit on PayPal. Can someone help me out here?
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check the M&S account to see if PayPal is showing as a direct debit. Once they are linked, when you spend with PayPal, PayPal pulls the cash from your account by direct debit, linking them is basically setting up the direct debit.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mitzberg wrote: »
    In case there was any doubt, I can now confirm that 3 Paypal DD's work perfectly well with Tesco Bank.
    So now I am running 2 Tesco Bank Current Accounts and feeding 6 DD's out of one single Paypal account.
    Sweet times.

Please could you explain this as I have PayPal linked but cannot see how to achieve this?

Thank you
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    This may have been answered already, sorry, but is there a limit on how many PO Savers they will let you have?

Many thanks

I read somewhere it is 1. I have 5 so far, so it seems... as many as you like
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    I read somewhere it is 1. I have 5 so far, so it seems... as many as you like

Have opened 1, how do you get another - separate e-mail and login?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Options
    Have opened 1, how do you get another - separate e-mail and login?

You just simply apply for another. You use the same log in.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You just simply apply for another. You use the same log in.

Their website logs you out when you apply for another account though.
  • pauljoecoe
    pauljoecoe Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Check the M&S account to see if PayPal is showing as a direct debit. Once they are linked, when you spend with PayPal, PayPal pulls the cash from your account by direct debit, linking them is basically setting up the direct debit.

Thanks for that. Will take a look later - so am I understanding correctly in that you don't set up a regular dd but need to buy something on paypal and then it pulls the money from the bank account?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Options
    Their website logs you out when you apply for another account though.

If you login, then click on the link on the top menu and Apply, it says it is logging you out - yet it asks for fewer details on that page than if you apply straight from the home page (it doesn't ask for address etc) so it seems to be still logged in somewhere in the system or at least recognises you as an existing customer.
  • latinaid
    latinaid Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    If you login, then click on the link on the top menu and Apply, it says it is logging you out - yet it asks for fewer details on that page than if you apply straight from the home page (it doesn't ask for address etc) so it seems to be still logged in somewhere in the system or at least recognises you as an existing customer.

I have two PO accounts, with a separate online login for each. If you make sure you are logged out of your online account, you should be able to apply for a new account from the PO home page. You'll get a new online user id though, which is a pain. At least, this is how it worked back in October - I don't know if they have got smarter at cross-referencing now to see if you already have an account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback