PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ivyleaf I have phoned to enquire when my next appointment is but all I am told is ' it's not due yet' I possibly should push harder but I'm currently spending every day knee deep in childcare duties it's on my to do list. Hopefully DD2 will need me less in a few weeks, mind you then DD1 may require help.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Pardon me for butting into this thread, I often lurk but don't post. But I had to comment here.

No, Smart Meters are categorically NOT compulsory.
    Take a look at Post #34 on this thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5785383&page=2

Malc, the E-ON rep on this forum says:
    "To confirm, smart meters are optional and customers can refuse any offer to have them put in."

Hello LameWolf I’ve just spent today arguing about this. Apparently to change from Economy 7 to regular meter as tenants we have to have a smart meter. I will fight back.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Nothing serious ivyleaf Yesterday I thought I would have a rest as I seem to be dominating the thread too much.

This morning I woke about ten, got up and sat down at my computer, woke up 3 hours later to a blank screen. I did read the thread at some point, I turned on a you tube video I keep trying to watch, it's a bit long and I keep falling asleep. I woke up sneezing and with a runny nose and promptly used about 10 tissues in a row. I have slept another hour.

I then got dinner ready and half way, through including the problem of coping with a runny nose while cooking, I found my self cooking two different meals at once. I put 4 big fat sausages in the oven opened two tins of beans, cooked 4 slices of toast, took 4 eggs out of the fridge and was just about to put oven chips in the oven when I realised I was cooking two meals at once. The chips went back in the freezer and we had beans on toast eggs and sausages. I did ask DS if he thought I should go and see the doctor.

I got up from the table and promptly fell asleep again. I did set a video going and changed my mind when I say it was 3 hours 10 mins long. This guys videos seem to average 2 Hours 30 mins. I wont send you any of his. I don't know how he manages to put out three a week.

I think I ought to give in to this cold and go and sleep it off. I just hope DS does not get it on Wednesday as colds effect him like this too. Apparently he went to sleep at work with a case of bacon in his hands, That would be about 25 kg, back in October.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for posting nm, glad you're ok apart from the cold.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Charis wrote: »
    I just had a grumble on The Money Savers Arms, which was the only thread I could find to try and discover if there is an official way to complain about an employee of Scottish Power phoning me at home and trying to persuade, then bully me into having a smart meter fitted. I told her that I was moving before the end of June, which I hope to be the case, then she said I could still have one fitted. When I told her I didn't want one, she replied that I have to have one, everyone is going to have to have one. I just said 'that's a lie, no one has to have one'.

She was still trying to make me have one when I hung up on her. The sad thing is that there are still vulnerable people who think they have to obey the voice of authority. The majority of smart meters are still not transferable to other companies and some have reported boiler malfunctions after the installation of a smart meter as soon as everything is switched back on. Others have said the meter is unreadable by a customer as there are so many different screens. I thought we had official bodies who watched out for this kind of thing?

I would suggest you post a new thread on the MSE Energy board. I'm sure there is a Scottish Power rep on there. You may get some action if you do.

I would suggest the same to NM who is having problems switching supplier.

It's amazing what can be achieved by putting this type of 'stuff' out there.

Good luck both. (NM I have a plethora of thoughts regarding your DS and housing issue, but I think it has all been said before xx)

Monna, yes the legendary Dave Allen, who left us far too soon but a very funny, inspired and intelligent man who deserves to be remembered and recited for ever more. x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    karcher I have signed up with another company, I can't complain bout the objecting to go somewhere else until they do.

I signed up to three different companies last year. iSupply objected to them all as if I was in debt to them by £800 not the other way round. I had to phone round the other companies to find out they had deleted my sign up because iSupply had objected. I assume they think they should not object to them not telling me. They can only refuse on the grounds of you owing them a lot of money.

I had exactly the same problem with Moving from British Gas to isupply because BG kept telling them I had changed mind. Then iSupply sent me a nasty letter. I have saved it on there websites because they actually never leave their website, but they will not let me get at them so I can use them in evidence. I ended up paying way too much for the contract because they ask for more money and after negotiating it with one of their staff I agreed extra for long enough to cover what they had refused to take for the first six months,

I have corresponded with them at least weekly for two years.

I have used MSE to change my electricity ever since it started. I had to miss last year as they iSupply were not only deleting all applications from other peoples websites but the were demanding twice the money without a contract.

I always do everything by the book but it does not prevent things from going wrong every time. I just seemed to have been jinxed ever since energy went private.

I have not done anything wrong it is them. Once I knew iSupply owed my £800 there was no way I was changing to another suppliers until I got it back. Some people have suggested I go to Citizens Advice. When I went to them to find out what benefits I was entitled to on less than a full pension, no other benefits and a 15 year old child to feed. I was thrown out of their office and told I should go and get a job. I was already ill then. I did not have the cancer but two types of arthritis and 8 other chronic decreases.

I did find out from the local council what I was entitled too.

I am not having problems yet this year I just told you the problems from last year and a few years back. When they !!!! it up it is not usually anything the customer does. All I wanted to know was could I go straight to the ombudsman? I have been told I can.

I have told iSupply if they turn down Ebico I will go straight to My MP, the Ombudsman and copies of my letters to all consumer programs I can find.

I do wish we could do without Energy.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello LameWolf I’ve just spent today arguing about this. Apparently to change from Economy 7 to regular meter as tenants we have to have a smart meter. I will fight back.

Furry, I have an old Economy 7 meter but all they did when I wanted to change to a regular meter was charge both meters on the same tarriff. I just submit two readings. I change providers fairly regularly and it has never been a problem
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello all, have been reading back a bit and just wanted to send hugs to all in need.

Nm you are really having a tough time, hope you can kick your DS into shape soon and get a new home.

Lynn are you moving nearer to family? I'm sure you will find the perfect home too.

Monna my dear, you are an inspiration and make me giggle so often.

Fuddle I do wish they could get to the bottom of your problems so you can live a better life after so much to contend with in the past.

I'm sat here feeling very pleased that I can still join in. I had a very bad accident 2 weeks ago and fell crossing a main road. It was due to a ridge in the road caused by buses pulling up at the bus stop which could not be seen from my side of the road. I initially thought it was a speed bump but hubby went and checked and realised the truth. I banged my headon the kerb and am lucky to still be here. Unbelivably 10 people stood at the bus stop and watched me and offered no help. In fact one told me to get off the road as his bus was coming :mad: A kind lady picked me up and put me in a taxi to Dd's ( about 5 minutes away) and she rang for an ambulance which didn't come. So after the shock wore off she took me home and I got looked over later that day. I have since had another check and told I was very lucky, no fracture to my bonce and nothing else broken. Its taken me 2 weeks to recover and relax as I was scared something would go wrong. Oddly it seems to have cured my tinnitus!

I think Monna may have a thought of the day to cover this. I am following doctors orders and being very good. Also I had just cursed myself for not popping in Tescos for my new glasses - lucky as they would now be a monacle like my old ones :eek:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good grief, Ginnyknit. Glad you survived that ordeal... and got rid of the tinnitus. Every cloud and all that I suppose. Can't believe no-one would help though, yikes, I can't imagine anyone I know standing by and watching without helping :(
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh lord Ginny, I hope you're OK now? how can people NOT help someone in that situation? I think people might be scared of being sued should anything go wrong because of their actions, that's what living in such a litigious society does for humanity isn't it?

We are trying to move closer to the girls, we've been on the market a week and a half now and had 3 viewings, 2 of which have resulted in viewers own houses going on to the market and both of them here in the village. We've had an offer but a cheeky one which the EA has said not to take, it's too early in the process and we've found a lovely house to go to, made an offer and been accepted by the vendor but sensibly he has left the house there on the market as we haven't sold yet. If it's meant to be the move will happen and if it's not well there will always be another property in the future. I hope it IS this one as it's very nice and big enough specially the garden, you know how we love our gardening and veg growing and it's very conveniently placed for shops, busses, doggy walks in the country etc. and 10 minutes from Nell on the bus and 40 minutes on the train from Ruthie so close enough for us to be useful but not so close as to make them feel uncomfortable about parents in the area. I'll (inevitably!) let you know how it all goes or doesn't go, probably to the point of boring you all silly xxx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback