Getting DWP to change there mind PIP

Ive heard on here that most PIP Mandatory reconsideration are not changed. But has anyone actually had a decision changed at this stage. thanks all.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I've only ever heard of a few people having decision changed at MR stage. Most do have to take it to Tribunal. They will also look at the whole award again not just one part so you risk what you may already have. You haven't had the decision yet so there's nothing you can until this is made.
  • dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I've only ever heard of a few people having decision changed at MR stage. Most do have to take it to Tribunal. They will also look at the whole award again not just one part so you risk what you may already have. You haven't had the decision yet so there's nothing you can until this is made.

The decision has been made and was posted today. But apparently it takes 24 hours to show the award on there screen.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    dave030445 wrote: »
    The decision has been made and was posted today. But apparently it takes 24 hours to show the award on there screen.
    It does yes. Looks like you have a long weekend. I know that feeling, as same thing happened to me.
  • dave030445
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It does yes. Looks like you have a long weekend. I know that feeling, as same thing happened to me.

By looking at the report she has given me 10 points for each so I doubt the DWP will give me any more
  • missysmum
    missysmum Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    By looking at the report she has given me 10 points for each so I doubt the DWP will give me any more

I was given 10 points for mobility and 8 points for care.

After a MR, this changed to 12 points for mobility and 10 points for care.

Like you, I wasn't expecting the result to change at MR, but it happened to me. I did have to return my motability car though.
    The new 'extension' period wasn't in place at the time.

I had to return my car on one Friday then the following Friday recieved my enhanced award! :o

I did purchase my own car afterwards though, with the help of the transition bonus. It was all bit of a pain at the time, but I'm happy now. :)
  • dave030445
    missysmum wrote: »
    I was given 10 points for mobility and 8 points for care.

After a MR, this changed to 12 points for mobility and 10 points for care.

Like you, I wasn't expecting the result to change at MR, but it happened to me. I did have to return my motability car though.
    The new 'extension' period wasn't in place at the time.

I had to return my car on one Friday then the following Friday recieved my enhanced award! :o

I did purchase my own car afterwards though, with the help of the transition bonus. It was all bit of a pain at the time, but I'm happy now. :)

That's cheered me up did you send any other evidence I think I can see where I can get the 2 extra points on both.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ah I sort of cross posted with your other thread... the value of keeping individual cases in one place might be something MSE should be more aggressive in directing I feel.

Anyway... report sounds more helpful than I initially got impression. It is possible they'd change decision... and the fact that you are likely to soon receive decision of standard rates but with only 2 points from enhanced rate of each suggests to me you might stand a half decent chance of getting a better award in pursuing the matter further... but probably most chance of changed decision in appeal tribunal. DWP can and do change decisions at reconsideration sometimes. You'd have to weigh up the reality, the risks, the evidence etc.. see best way forward once decision received.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • missysmum
    missysmum Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's cheered me up did you send any other evidence I think I can see where I can get the 2 extra points on both.

No I didn't send any evidence because I didn't have any!
    I didn't send any with the original form either.

All I had was medication that I took with me on the day of the assessment.

:)
  • dave030445
    Ah I sort of cross posted with your other thread... the value of keeping individual cases in one place might be something MSE should be more aggressive in directing I feel.

Anyway... report sounds more helpful than I initially got impression. It is possible they'd change decision... and the fact that you are likely to soon receive decision of standard rates but with only 2 points from enhanced rate of each suggests to me you might stand a half decent chance of getting a better award in pursuing the matter further... but probably most chance of changed decision in appeal tribunal. DWP can and do change decisions at reconsideration sometimes. You'd have to weigh up the reality, the risks, the evidence etc.. see best way forward once decision received.

yes i see what you mean this thread was started to ask about the DWP changing there mind. Rather than my specific case.
  • dave030445
    missysmum wrote: »
    No I didn't send any evidence because I didn't have any!
    I didn't send any with the original form either.

All I had was medication that I took with me on the day of the assessment.

:)

Can you send more evidence at this stage or will I have to wait for the tribunal hearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure