new unsure if this is allowed

hey everyone please remove if not allowed
i came across this site why googling and there seems to many knowledgable people
so here goes ...
my partner is on a 0 hour contract at work theyve recently changed payment providers with out telling the workers anyway when he got his wages he was only paid one day he is 4 days short on his wage after sending numerous texts to his agency yesterday and friday and actually going in and talking about it today as he is on shift the text messages where ignored and today theyve told him he and many others need too fill in missing hours forms and hopefully he will be paid it next week
we have 2 children one is autistic and limited with foods he will eat we are currently on our last bit of food and im worried sick where can i get some help like a loan i no there is foodbanks but for my oldest it wouldnt help as he wont eat much stuff
i put what i had on electric and gas bought bread and milk and paid my sons snack money
i have barely anything in as we live week to week sorry for rambling but i dont no where to go with this we do get universal credit top up be we opted for this too go direct to our landlord so our rent is always covered child benefit isnt due for 2 weeks last time we got it i used it for winter coats for the children

i have a few bits of frozen chips ,frozen veg and a bag of nuggets so covered for today but after that hes work expect us to wait until friday and there renowned for not sorting missing hours quickly please help any ideas i havent got anything i can sell currently as i did all this months ago when i had an unexpected cost in my household so sold everything i could then :/
thanks for reading if you got this far

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,598 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A short term loan is the start of a slippery slope to financial ruin IMO, and best avoided if at all possible.
    Try a local foodbank, you might be surprised what they can offer, including advice of where to get other help.

If you haven't already, try your local Citizen's Advice or council. They might be able to point you in the direction of help that will suit your needs.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• I am going to speak to the foodbank tomorrow if not them cab as ive been advised they can help with the wages side of things if nothing else thankyou for your reply
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,598 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am going to speak to the foodbank tomorrow if not them cab as ive been advised they can help with the wages side of things if nothing else thankyou for your reply
    Best of luck. Hope you find something helpful.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hey. Living week to week is dangerous, especially with 2 kids as you are experiencing.

You can get support here on either the debt free wannabe forum or the saving and budgeting forum. If you were to post a statement of affairs (like an income and expenditure form) the posters on those forums may be able to help you cut costs and/or budget sufficiently to get a small safety net behind you.

Hope it works out.
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Foodbank may be able to help you out with something for the rest of you at least leaving you with only food for the the one child to find. (I know the feeling- I have a child who eats virtually nothing the rest of us do)

There is also a terrific board on here called Oldstyle - the folks on there are really good at advising exactly what meals you might make if you list absolutely everything you have in stock.
  • BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Do you have any family, friends or neighbours that can help you out? Give you some food or some money? I'd be devastated if my daughter was in your position and wouldn't hesitate to give her my last pound.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure