Lamona Appliances - Your Experience

Hi all,

I’ve just had a Howden’s kitchen fitted & after reading the reviews online, I’m a bit concerned about using my new oven given that we followed the instructions & it started smoking on first use & all the online reviews I’ve found are terrifying, ranging from exploding glass to fires!

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with lamona stuff?
“I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Neff oven doors explode too, so you won't be alone. The 'slide n' hide' ones also fall off in your hands.....

Mind you, I've had 2 since 2015 and I'm still waiting for the fun to start!

I don't think Lamona appliances are renowned for their wonderfulness, but you have the thing now anyway. The burnng off was probably just a running-in feature, such as one also gets with electric fires, and even wood burning stoves.
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    Neff oven doors explode too, so you won't be alone. The 'slide n' hide' ones also fall off in your hands.....

Mind you, I've had 2 since 2015 and I'm still waiting for the fun to start!

I don't think Lamona appliances are renowned for their wonderfulness, but you have the thing now anyway. The burnng off was probably just a running-in feature, such as one also gets with electric fires, and even wood burning stoves.

The smoke was more than likely a build up of years of dust burning off
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My Parents have recently replaced their Lamona microwave and oven after just 5 years. The microwave was the second one in that time.

Oven didn't get anywhere near as hot as it should, microwave just stopped working.
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I had a washing machine for 6 years no issues. I've now got a fridge and dishwasher. The freezer compartment on the fridge leaks despite a replacement door seal. The dishwasher has a few little problems and isnt perfect but does wash well.

I think they are just cheaply made white goods that you pay over the odds for. I would go for free standing next time personally.
  • Jeannine
    Jeannine Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have had a hob and oven for nine years - no problems at all...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure