The DFW Birthday and Christmas Planning Club - 2019

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 6 February 2019 at 9:58AM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Hey all,

So I wanted to start this thread as I am terrible at keeping a track of spending on Birthdays and Christmas gifts throughout the year.

I also need to plan better so that I am reducing spends, I tend to go overboard with the gifts because I buy throughout the year then forget what I have bought so just keep buying!

The aim for this thread for me personally is to keep a track of the spending for all Birthday and Christmas gifts for 2019.

I am going to make a list of all that I need to buy for then mark them off when they are complete with details of what I have purchased, the cost and any savings I have made.

Anyone else want to join me?

Thanks Dxxx
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited 6 February 2019 at 12:14PM
    Options
    #1- Deleted_User
    #2 - Thrice
    #3 - Homegrown0
    #4 - cryan1181

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Reserved for members if needed.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 5 March 2019 at 3:15PM
    Options
    January
    [STRIKE]Best Friends Son[/STRIKE] - £20.00 (saved £0.00)
    [STRIKE]Mum[/STRIKE] - £47.55 (saved £38.00)

March
    [STRIKE]Niece[/STRIKE] £40.10 (saved £85.87)
    Nephew

May
    Niece

August
    Best Friends Daughter

September
    Granny

October
    Sister

Totals
    £67.55 - Spent
    £38.00 - Saved

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mum
    Sister
    Niece #1
    Nephew
    Niece #2
    Granny
    Mums Partner
    Best Friends Son
    Best Friends Daughter

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Best Friends Son
    He's 7 now so quite hard to buy for. I just gave him cash in a card as that is the easiest option, no opportunity to save on this one!

Gift
    £20.00 - Cash

Savings
    £0.00

Total Birthday Costs 2019
    £20.00

Total Birthday Savings 2019
    £0.00

Dxxx
  • Thrice
    Thrice Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Yes please! I've got loads to buy for, some of my friends have 4 kids!! I do have a list at home which I'll update with later.

We have 3 family birthday's in January, but we made a rule a few years ago that only niece's and nephew's under 18 get a present from aunt's and uncles, so I've knocked one niece off my list. Got a nephew in April that will be off the list this year, and a nephew in October that will be off the list this year.

The other two this month, one is mine (tomorrow!!) and my brother at the end of this month. I've text him and we aren't getting each other this year, so another off my list!

I'll need to start buying gifts for the kids though, I've got plenty throughout the year!

Are we still doing surveys etc to pay for presents??

x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay welcome!

#2 - Thrice

It's so hard trying to keep up with it sometimes isn't it!

I'm hoping that this is going to be a massive help for me.

Dxxx
  • Thrice
    Options
    Morning Dolly and everyone :-)

Sorry, I didn't really do anything over the weekend, but I did mean to get my birthday list together :o I'll sort it today/tomorrow, honest!

With regards to your 7yr old, I bought my 7yr old niece a present last year that she LOVED, it was like a Dig Out Gemstones thing? Managed to get it off Amazon for like £3.00, and she played with it for HOURS til she got all the 'gems' out.
    Doesn't help you now his birthday has passed, but it might help for another kid lol x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thrice wrote: »
    Morning Dolly and everyone :-)

Sorry, I didn't really do anything over the weekend, but I did mean to get my birthday list together :o I'll sort it today/tomorrow, honest!

With regards to your 7yr old, I bought my 7yr old niece a present last year that she LOVED, it was like a Dig Out Gemstones thing? Managed to get it off Amazon for like £3.00, and she played with it for HOURS til she got all the 'gems' out.
    Doesn't help you now his birthday has passed, but it might help for another kid lol x

Oh that sounds great!

My niece and nephew would love something like that, I'm off to have a look on there now.

Oh I still need to updated my list too!

Dxxx
  • Thrice
    Options
    I've just checked, it was the 'Amazon Choice' one that's currently £6.99 that I bought. But as I said, I paid like £3 or less at the time for it.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport