DIY Project. Livingroom modernisation. *Lots of pics inside*

Options

Comments

• vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not sure if they still have the thread running, but there was a section showing examples of some amazing living room make overs.

https://www.avforums.com/

VB
  • IPIP
    IPIP Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 September 2018 at 7:31PM
    Options
    FreeBear wrote: »
    OP - If you are thinking of putting a heater below the TV, please rethink the idea. Heat rises, and it won't do any good for the life of the TV.

The heater we have our eyes on is this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075FZVD2Q/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B075FZVD2Q

Apparently the heat comes from the bottom and I am thinking since the TV is flush to the wall, it would be safe.

However, posting this now, I am slightly concerned about the 140mm debth since it won't be flush. I am concerned about the aesthetics.

I love the idea of threads like these, a good thread or maybe even sub forum for project threads would be great.

It gives members chance to post what they’ve done and get ideas for their own stuff.

Thanks.

Ozzuk wrote: »
    Excellent job! I assume you put insulation back in the floor before plastering??!

Might also want to think about some LEDs around the TV frame whilst its all open - cheap and can look really nice and helps the contrast on the TV. I have warm colour changing ones.

Also...whilst I think about what I did with mine, you can get remote control sockets which really helps fully power down stuff without trying to reach plugs, plus it looks cool when you press buttons on a remote and the lights/tv/dvd etc come on.

Looking forward to seeing final result!

Might be too late but with that shape room you could also look at electric drop down projector screen and even a drop down projector for the full cinema experience (I built a cinema in my basement and it gets used weekly). Great for films/gaming.

Thanks.

I bought this from ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOW-5V-5050-RGB-LED-Strip-Light-Colour-Changing-USB-TV-PC-Back-Mood-Lighting/252402767913?epid=1865383497&hash=item3ac4609829:m:msQ0gWYF4CQDuYQx60NJGaQ

Its LED strip light which I am planning to stick at the back of the telly.

Hmm the projector sounds great. I didn't even think of it lol but at least I can do that at a future date.

I just looked into the remote sockets and that is an amazing idea.
    I was planning to get a Samsung tablet towards the end solely to control the media but the sockets too, that would be :eek:

vansboy wrote: »
    Not sure if they still have the thread running, but there was a section showing examples of some amazing living room make overs.

https://www.avforums.com/

VB

Thanks, I posted in that forum too
  • IPIP
    Options
    I think this is called curtain pelmets but I used these references:

92d635c2695047627f419b3e1b0ce044.jpg

97343fe7d2556a0d4fb0865d98d72f02.jpg

So here is mine:

d80245980ac19ae26c8ee876d91016b1.jpg

After doing up the jointing and the angel beads on both sides:

d01a53d7d188ff230cef2dd1a186307e.jpg

The next part is light sanding and preparing the plaster for paint (both under coat and top coat)

Here's my expenses so far:

gXi9KGs.png
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    Options
    Here's mine, I wish I could plaster - had to get my dad in to do that. Cost for everything was around 3.5k.

https://imgur.com/a/XhYjBGS
  • IPIP
    Options
    Quick update so far:

Painting has been completed, the next part is finishing off wiring, ordered face split tiles for the two inner walls, just above the media cabinet, touch ups and proper cleaning the windows and floorboards.

81939a00bd0a1ddd50fe7626555f3c40.jpg

04d86b8fcbc733b362cc3af9944a7508.jpg
  • lrastriker
    Options
    You might want to add some colors on your new home. It would look and feel great since you're going to have a baby soon. A bit of color here and there would brighten the room and will be good for the baby as well in stimulating his/her sight. My baby loves looking at our acoustic wall art and for some reason it keeps her happy. Your baby might like it too and will keep him/her occupied leaving you ample time for yourself :).

Good luck on your renovation! :wink:
  • IPIP
    Options
    Quick update:

5103b4dfad13f10e0e6a3e03b3e49a90.jpg

c80e37aecfd1bcd770f0eafdc32f017e.jpg

7d7f9fe520bed4a3d1f2f95cd4d69afd.jpg

The next stage is finish off skirting board, bit of contouring For the inner walls, flooring etc.

I've under estimated some of the hdmi cables so I need to correct that. The new sofas will be delivered 1st week of October so there is finally a deadline for the major stuff.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    Options
    That is looking realy nice - I love the stone edge tiles.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    Very nice.
  • IPIP
    Options
    Hi all

This is the progress, almost there

3b5bb62080093c6959bd298514d11d8a.jpg