Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    Use Circle instead - no charges if above £20 cashout. You can easily transfer money from Circle to a bank account, though obviosuly this is less convenient than paypal if you just want to buy things online.

Never heard of Circle. Looking at their web site it sounds a bit like cyber currency.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Never heard of Circle. Looking at their web site it sounds a bit like cyber currency.

With all due respect, do you know what cyber currency is?
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Circle is basically like an online only bank account. I only heard about it as it was offered on PA as an alternative to paypal, and unlike the latter, wouldn't cost anything in fees. I've used it to receive money from PA a number of times, and have simply withdrawn the same amount to my bank account straightaway (as I don't want to leave money there when it is difficult to spend directly). But I've had no problems whatsoever. It isn't a cyber currency (if by that you mean bitcoin or the like), you just have a balance in £s.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My experience of Circle has been precisely as ElefantEd describes, fwiw. I have contacted them two or three times and received good customer service from, I believe, UK based agents.
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you still use them, Smodlet? Was there an issue with ID? I used them a couple of times then went back to Paypal.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AprilLady wrote: »
    Do you still use them, Smodlet? Was there an issue with ID? I used them a couple of times then went back to Paypal.

Yeah, babe. Given my issues with technology, I have had no problems with them; never ID ones. Those I did were quickly resolved. I have contacted them two or three times when my haplessness required, even spoken to them on the phone (UK based, refreshingly, or at least English-sounding)

As long as I can avoid paying fees, however long I have to wait between cash-outs, I will continue to use Circle. If they start to charge fees, I will reconsider.

How is your course going, AprilLady? Well, I hope.
  • timefortea
    timefortea Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to Prolific, so I hope I'm doing this right:

Evaluating Novel Fashion Products and Services
    Hosted by warwick.ac.uk
    Available Places : 90/350
    Avg. Completion Time : 12mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £23.58/hr
    Reward: £ 2.75
  • timefortea
    timefortea Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think I've just realised how everyone else is seeing the average completion time and maximum allowed time, which I couldn't see; are you all using the legacy website? Is that by choice because it's better, or is everyone else still on that one by default and I'm just on the new one because I signed up recently?
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    timefortea wrote: »
    I think I've just realised how everyone else is seeing the average completion time and maximum allowed time, which I couldn't see; are you all using the legacy website? Is that by choice because it's better, or is everyone else still on that one by default and I'm just on the new one because I signed up recently?

Mine still automatically logs me into the old site - when I first visit the site it loads the new one but then asks me to log in again and loads the old one. I'll probably use it as long as I can too, it's put me onto the new one once or twice but just had lots of problems. Although still not been officially invited to it :A
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • wibblewibble
    wibblewibble Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I requested a cashout for £49 yesterday and all seemed to be fine - today I went to check my account and it says my account is on hold as is my cashout! It says "if there are discrepancies in my prescreening or verification" to update them or contact them. There aren't any discrepancies that I can see, same verified email I have always used, and I can't update anything as it won't let me! I also can't use their "contact us" link it simply doesn't open. Not sure where to go with it to find out whats going on.
    Win's so far: Cadburys Mini Eggs £1.09 Pentel Goody Bag £10 , M&S Luxury Hamper £45, 10,000 Tesco clubcard points (£100) :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback