IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BWLegal - the list of failures growing

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 August 2020 at 6:21PM
    Options
    The biggest shame is they lose so often, when well defended, but not enough people know that or have the balls to stand their ground and not panic & pay.

I will be changing the NEWBIES thread a little, to encourage thousands of complaints to:

- the person's MP

- Trading Standards

- the landowner and retailers

I will be suggesting we tell people to do the above:

EVERY TIME THAT WE TELL A PERSON TO DO ANYTHING, FROM APPEAL, TO FIELDING DEBT COLLECTOR LETTERS STAGE, TO REPLYING TO LBCCCS, TO FILING A DEFENCE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where are these bad boys ???

BWL, you do bring a smile to many
  • beamerguy
    Options
    just reminding people
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 October 2017 at 7:20PM
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You surely cannot mean Gladstones can you :rotfl:
    I couldn't possibly confirm or deny who/where I mean :D :whistle:
  • Oldhamlee
    Options
    Hi ...hope you dont mind me coming in here ...but yesterday i recieved a letter from bw legal stating that county court enforcement will commence from my local court for the sum of £270 . Last sept 16th 2016 they went to county court for a ccj against me which until yesterday i never knew anything about until the letter and i checked my credit file which now shows it . Excel parking sent me a pcn from jan 2014 which shows my car reg in one pic and the 2nd is just a black pic...they are saying i didnt pay for a ticket and issued me with £60 fine ...can they prove that the reg plate isnt cloned or that it was me in car ? I can say that i did go on peel centre stockport but that was only to pick someone up then 2 hrs later drop them off at their car to which they didnt get a ticket or pcn . Bw legal have stated that if i pay by 25 aug then i can pay a discount to £150 . Can anbody please enlighten me on this in what to do ? They issued the ccj also to my old address that i havnt been at for over 3 yrs due to me selling it ....im at a loss . Thanks
  • beamerguy
    edited 3 August 2017 at 10:01AM
    Options
    Oldhamlee wrote: »
    Hi ...hope you dont mind me coming in here ...but yesterday i recieved a letter from bw legal stating that county court enforcement will commence from my local court for the sum of £270 . Last sept 16th 2016 they went to county court for a ccj against me which until yesterday i never knew anything about until the letter and i checked my credit file which now shows it . Excel parking sent me a pcn from jan 2014 which shows my car reg in one pic and the 2nd is just a black pic...they are saying i didnt pay for a ticket and issued me with £60 fine ...can they prove that the reg plate isnt cloned or that it was me in car ? I can say that i did go on peel centre stockport but that was only to pick someone up then 2 hrs later drop them off at their car to which they didnt get a ticket or pcn . Bw legal have stated that if i pay by 25 aug then i can pay a discount to £150 . Can anbody please enlighten me on this in what to do ? They issued the ccj also to my old address that i havnt been at for over 3 yrs due to me selling it ....im at a loss . Thanks

This thread as the title says is all about BWLegal losses in court.
    "BWLegal - the list of failures growing"
    You cannot claim that yet so ...

1: Read the NEWBIES thread
    2: Start your own thread and then we can help you
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Especially as you have an active thread on pepipoo awaiting more info from you....
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    Another one for the list. BWL tripped up by their own WS.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=114353&st=20&gopid=1306170&#entry1306170
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 August 2017 at 7:12PM
    Options
    yep, its been that way for several years on that site and the first time I came here was for my lad who was caught on the same site , for a similar time period in summer 2013

we won that at POPLA at that time and it was one of our appeal points that the first hour is free on their contract , despite what the signs say (which say a ticket must be obtained after 30 minutes)

makes me laugh to think that their contract and signage still conflict in this way , I did send the contract to prankster and he unredacted it for me at the time :)

seems that excel still seem to think they can issue claims for that site for problems that are under 60 minutes , that they have not amended the signage , nor the contract with gala bingo

nobody in my family has parked there since , so their loss but a shame for the businesses on that small site as they lose trade because of it

and when I think of the money my family have saved due to me getting involved in this topic, plus the advice I have given out on here must have cost these companies thousands in lost pcn revenue , they should be sorry they tried to rip off my family back then (PE also tried and failed too)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If Excel know they don't have the authority to issue charges for no tickets in the first hour of parking, then this is a wanton abuse of the courts, as well as the rights of the individual under DPA. This must tee them up nicely for a DPA breach claim.

All that's needed is a stroppy !!!! to take them on. But most people have had enough by the time it comes to their day in court and are more than happy to walk away with having theirbparking charge overturned.

Still, they have 6 years, and if there is a slow slide towards an avalanche of successful DPA breach cases, they might weigh in later.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure