Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had confirmation yesterday that my F&F payment has been accepted and the debt cleared :T :T

Debt no 1 is probably the next likely candidate for a F&F as it has been sold on now. I'll give it a few months though as I don't want to deplete my savings.

I've KonMari'd my clothing and that of the kids this morning so a big bag to go :T Now just got to do coats and shoes then that category will be done :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Todays pads:

£2.90 to Mortgage
    £4.00 to debt savings
    £1.58 to joint od

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,396 - £924 paid :T
  • jwil
    DH is on a decluttering mission :T :T He's filled up the car with stuff from the garage and shed to go to the tip. Stuff that's been hoarded for years, is broken, and just taking up much needed space :j :j

I've finished coats and shoes, so next I'm going to do the airing cupboard, then there will be a load of stuff for charity.
  • Snap I'm clearing out the airing cupboard today :rotfl:

:T:T for Mr jwil and his clear out.

I'm pretty good at decluttering and do it fairly regularly but we still seem to amass cr*p. Mr Retired won't let anything go although he's never going to use it :mad:
  • jwil
    Todays pads:

£1.90 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to debt savings
    £1.58 to joint od

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,394 - £926 paid :T
  • jwil
    Snap I'm clearing out the airing cupboard today :rotfl:

:T:T for Mr jwil and his clear out.

I'm pretty good at decluttering and do it fairly regularly but we still seem to amass cr*p. Mr Retired won't let anything go although he's never going to use it :mad:

Great minds :D

I'm much better than I used to be at getting rid of stuff, hence the accumulations, but DH is still starting out though he is much better than he used to be.

I feel your pain about getting rid of stuff you will never use though - yesterday he cleared a load of plant pots that have been here since before we moved here. I've been telling him for years that we are not gardeners, and we don't even aspire to be gardeners so what is the point in keeping them!

He also struggles to get rid of anything that is perfectly good. When we moved here 8 years ago we bought massive wardrobes. I want to get rid of mine and replace it with a smaller chest of drawers. He says we spent a lot of money on it and so shouldn't get rid of it. (It wasn't that expensive and is only an ikea one). I'm trying to convince him that it has done it's job, and the space we will gain will outweigh any residual value.
  • jwil
    Well it's the last day of the Great 2017 Declutter before the 2018 one starts :D I shall be having a push to add to the lists before the end of the day :D

Today's plan is papers and the kitchen. Neither should be huge categories as they've been done before. I'm also going to take the tree and decorations down, DH can decide when to take the lights down as that's his job :D New Year, New Start!

We sold some more stuff yesterday and a bit going out later so will get those packed.

DH has prepped a load of listings so will try and get those done too.

I have dipped into my emergency savings to get the storage unit I wanted, that is being delivered today. That will be used for toys when DH has built my new bookcase. Hopefully I will persuade the kids to get rid of some too before we fill it, and hopefully it will be the end of toys stacked in piles on the floor!

I will dip into it again for a tumble drier as I promised DH I would buy these as a result of my PPI cheque. That can wait a bit longer though, but it means I need to build that back up again. It will be down about £300 max so not too bad.

I need to stop spending now though and get back to saving, selling my stuff on ebay and debtbusting!
  • Sounds like a productive few days....do you want to come over and do mine? Lol

Well done on the sales.
  • jwil
    Sounds like a productive few days....do you want to come over and do mine? Lol

Well done on the sales.

Haha I've barely touched my own :D

Just taken the tree etc down now. I should have KM'd the decorations, but DH says there's more up in the loft and he's busy up there at the moment, so we'll have to do that next year.

eBay parcels packed, someone wants to buy a couple more items, so hoping they do that. I've also finally got round to opening a second account for DH so that's something else off the to do list!
  • Your debt totals are looking good Jwil :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport