Pickup insurance for business use (not our business)

Options
Hi,
I wondered if anyone could advise how best to go about insuring a pickup we’ve just bought. So the default is that it would be used for the business that my partner owns but he wants to use it privately. I, however, have a company car alloawance with my job so need to insure the pickup for me to do business travel. Most insurer websites presume that we own a business and the business use is for that, therefore asking for the business information but actually it’s only for me to be able travel with the company I work for, therefore shouldn’t required all the extra information. My partner does have a multi policy for other vans in his business, will I be safe in insuring under that?

I’m not sure how best to insure the pickup making sure we both have the right cover.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wont you need to be an employee of his business to be covered under his insurance?

Shouldn't be an issue adding business cover if you choose employed, I would have thought they only ask for your business details if you choose self employed etc.

Puzzled when you say its for your partners business but he wants to use it privately??
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You say your husband wants to use it for his business and for private use but then you say it would only be for your use for the company you work for.

Which is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport