PPI for deceased relative

Hi, just after some advice please. Am wondering whether to see if theres a claim for a deceased relative who had at least one loan and credit card that i know of. I don't know if they included PPI but the person was quite vulnerable and a prime candidate for pressured sales. The loan was taken out in 2005 and the credit card active until 2008 but I don't know when started. I don't have statements any more.

What is the best way to establish whether to make a claim and on what basis would I do so please?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The executor of the estate has the legal authority to put a complaint in. Although you cant say there is a complaint yet as its not even known if there was PPI.

Also, the executor cannot make false allegations. So, they cannot say the person was pressurised. They have to stick to factual reasons.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2005 its probably less likely they had PPI or if they did, the paperwork will be iron clad as all financial sales were regulated by then. 2008 the industry largely had stopped selling it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure