TSB not updating credit files?

2»

Comments

• I have been in touch with the financial ombudsman as my credit rating took a dip due to them not updating my payments. I also missed card payments as I couldn’t see balance or and even now statements.

They agreed with the ombudsman’s and paid me compensation but not the interest paid nor have they sent me statements in the post or updated my files. Still waiting for an update
  • Your credit rating wasn't affected since it doesn't exist.

How and where did you miss payments and viewing statements?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Given TSB's recent IT problems, they probably stopped updating CRAs because they weren't confident the data they supplied accurately represent the state of accounts.

I received an email from TSB today. It contains this:
    We want to let you know what we're doing to put things right. And to make sure that no customer’s concern goes unrecognised, we also want to give you another opportunity to complain.

We've been working hard to fix things and you can now use our Internet Banking, Mobile App, Telephone Banking and in-branch services for your day-to-day banking and more.

We also made sure that for the March, April and May billing periods, there was no charge for:

• Overdraft fees and interest charges on current accounts
    • Returned item fees

We promise you will not be left out of pocket.

We want to make sure that every customer who has lost money because of our systems upgrade is not left out of pocket. And that anyone who has felt any distress or inconvenience is compensated fairly. So please let us know if you've had any problems and how they affected you.

It would be adding fuel to the flames to cancel charges, pay compo and say sorry while reporting negative erroneous information to the CRAs.
  • My last update on Equifax (ClearScore) report is April 2018 and with CallCredit (Noddle) it's May 2018.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I closed a TSB credit card aound 3 months ago and it is still showing as open. I phoned to let them know last week and they said they would send it to another team to action.

Strangely enough it says it was updated in July.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It seems they are aiming to catch up and May and June figures have been added - probably by the next time mu monthly CRA report is out it will be up to date.
  • I've been having issues with TSB and an old credit card...
    I had a DRO agreed in Aug 17 and finished in Aug 18, but they're still reporting it as defaulting every month, even after Aug 17.
    I wrote a letter in Aug 18 (I figured it may take some time, so I'd start early) but heard nothing
    Went to branch in September and was told that its correct at TSB end, but they having difficulty updating ref agencies.
    13/12 still showing default - promised call back - never happened.
    28/12 still showing default - promised call back - never happened.
    it's still ongoing but I've reported to FOS now as they cant talk to me on the phone because I cant pass security - because I have no account!! I hate them right now... :rotfl:
  • cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    matilda.cs wrote: »
    I've been having issues with TSB and an old credit card...
    I had a DRO agreed in Aug 17 and finished in Aug 18, but they're still reporting it as defaulting every month, even after Aug 17.
    I wrote a letter in Aug 18 (I figured it may take some time, so I'd start early) but heard nothing
    Went to branch in September and was told that its correct at TSB end, but they having difficulty updating ref agencies.
    13/12 still showing default - promised call back - never happened.
    28/12 still showing default - promised call back - never happened.
    it's still ongoing but I've reported to FOS now as they cant talk to me on the phone because I cant pass security - because I have no account!! I hate them right now... :rotfl:

Was the default date more than 6 years ago?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I opened a TSB current account in December 2018 and it is showing on my credit file (via GiffGaff) with an update date of 31 Dec 2018.

As yet it has not appeared on my Equifax or Experian accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure