EDF Energy bills

Options
Is there a away of getting online bills for more than the past two years? When I log in I only get two year option.

I'd like to get them at least one year earlier.

I think the Day/Night rate might have been turned around but I cannot see the earlier bills to check.
Paddle No 21 :wave:

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    just give them a ring and ask/check with them
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This why I went paperless with EDF a long time ago. I downloaded all bill pdf's and now have a complete, accessible record of all bills, tariff changes and correspondence, going back to 2011. I recommend this practice to everyone.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    This why I went paperless with EDF a long time ago. I downloaded all bill pdf's and now have a complete, accessible record of all bills, tariff changes and correspondence, going back to 2011. I recommend this practice to everyone.

I agree, I dont leave them sitting on-line to get lost when something goes wrong or I leave the supplier.

I download PDFs of bills and statements once a month and keep them backed-up so I've go my own records. Mine go back to 2010.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    I agree, I dont leave them sitting on-line to get lost when something goes wrong or I leave the supplier.

I download PDFs of bills and statements once a month and keep them backed-up so I've go my own records. Mine go back to 2010.

Even more anal here - I've got utility bills back to 2006 as pdfs :o
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 August 2018 at 12:09PM
    Options
    Is there a away of getting online bills for more than the past two years? When I log in I only get two year option.

I'd like to get them at least one year earlier.

I think the Day/Night rate might have been turned around but I cannot see the earlier bills to check.
    EDF will not have any real idea which is day and night on your meter, neither will their meter readers. Morrisons Data Services read EDF meters now ( used to be G4S ) and their hand held computers are set to inputting the number 1 rate on your meter into the night rate field when most digital meters rate 1 is day rate.
    Some people who do not have night storage heaters gain from this mistake but true Eco 7 users with electric heating will notice a big surge in their costs with transposed billing.
    All occupiers need to understand their own meters because most meters have rate 1 day, but some have rate 1 set to night reading. EDF don t have the faintest idea and until smart Eco 7 meters get installed it will continue.
    Odd how smart Eco 7 meters are not yet in use much apart from with Secure Liberty meters used by Eon and many small suppliers.
    If they can manage it why can t EDF, B.G. Scot Power etc with their more expensive Landis and Gyr /Siemens smart meters. Smart Eco 7 meters will end the hundreds and thousands of transposed billing and erratic true night rate hours. The older analogue meters can be billing the cheap 7 hours rate at any time in the 24 hrs.
    Smart Eco 7 should have been the first to be installed yet they have not yet done it.
  • GibbsRule_No3
    Options
    Obviously I have the old meter
    Rate 1
    22.30 - 00.30
    02.30 - 07.30

Rate 2
    00.30 - 02.30
    07.30 - 22.30

I have two plugs going to the water tank, one saying Off Peak, so would you expect it to come on during the Rate one times, along with the storage heaters, when in use? I would, but I know they don’t and at this time of year the Off Peak plug actually goes off at 09.40am (08.40 during winter). I probably should not assume, but will, that it is being charged at the Rate 1 price when on at these times. I have never seen hide nor hair of EDF in person since moving in more than 3 years ago. At my old flat they would ask to come every year but that was with British Gas when I had both Gas and Electric, this property is just Electric.
  • GibbsRule_No3
    GibbsRule_No3 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 August 2018 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Found the original starting numbers from April 2015

Day
    57831 then
    61220 now

Night
    46839 then
    67886 now

I would expect the night rate to have used a lot, since I do use my Storage Heaters.

If I give these readings to EDF, (They should have these as records) would they be able to confirm what my monthly bill should be going forward? Would you expect the payment to be £160 a month?

UpDate:-
    Phoned and although the lady I spoke to was very nice it is the same old story. Take two meter readings so we know what Rate 1 & Rate 2 refer to. Excuse my French but I bloody know what meter is day and night and my taking a reading today and then phoning back this afternoon is not going to tell me or EDF anything new. She also said they have only one time slot for each Rate, when I know there are two on/off times which is why the off peak at this time of year is usually on at 9.50am. When I first moved in I was waiting for a bed to be delivered and slept on the sofa bed in the front room where the storage heater would come on late at night, light red glow on the wall switch but if I woke late night/early morning it would be off and then click back on for a couple of hours. It never has been on during the times on the meter and at this time of year because of !!!8220;springing forward!!!8221; it is on until 9.50 and 8.50 when we put the clocks back. Handy for me and if they EVER come and physically read the meter I might get them set to the correct times.
    Can I request that they must come and read my meter to sort this out?
  • GibbsRule_No3
    Options
    Another very nice lady today, who went back over the readings and agreed that probably during the January reading the numbers were indeed reversed, so all sorted and a credit of £600 going back on my account.
    I mentioned that they keep suggesting a "Smart Meter" but she said not in my case as I have E7 and they don't work with that yet, is this right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport