Plevin Case with Aqua

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some advice from you all.
I've had a PPI case outstanding with Aqua Credit Card (trading as NewDay Ltd) since 12 May 2017, and it still hasn't been resolved.

I've run the case via Resolver, and even escalated it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), where they have gave their view - which ruled, I'm not entitled to PPI, but I'm entitled to Plevin Redress due to the commission.

The FOS gave their view in Feb/Mar this year, but I'm yet to receive a payment from Aqua. Every time, I phone up, they tell me something different. I've recently phoned them where they said they hadn't had a reply from the FOS with their view, but the FOS said they send their view to the business the same time they send it to me - but the FOS said they have it in a recording where Aqua confirm they have had their view.

I seem to have hit a brick wall with them, and not progressing any further. It's my Nan's case but I'm dealing with it for her because she doesn't understand it all properly, but it's stressing her out and me.

Any advice? :mad::mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any advice? :mad::mad:
    Ask the Ombudsman to intervene?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Plevin cases are out to an FCA consultation at the moment partially in light of the Doran case. I believe it's going on over the next month or 2, Dunstonh should be able to confirm. Just be patient, ringing up and speaking to minimum wage phone answering students isn't going to achieve anything
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Regular premium PPI plevin cases are on hold pending consultation (expected to be 3 months). Single premium PPI is unaffected.

Some firms are just slow at the moment.
    but it's stressing her out and me.

There is no stress here. it will come when it comes. Its not a life or death situation or a source of worry. Just be patient. Some people have had to wait over a year for theirs.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    speaking to minimum wage phone answering students isn't going to achieve anything
    I think the call centre staff at Aqua are a little better qualified (and paid) than that.:eek:

However, I agree continually phoning will be a frustrating experience since the OP is more than likely going to speak to a different person each time...
  • Ask the Ombudsman to intervene?
    I referred the case to FOS, and they gave their view in the light of the PPI case, and said she was only due to a refund regarding a Plevin Redress.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    Regular premium PPI plevin cases are on hold pending consultation (expected to be 3 months). Single premium PPI is unaffected.

Some firms are just slow at the moment.

There is no stress here. it will come when it comes. Its not a life or death situation or a source of worry. Just be patient. Some people have had to wait over a year for theirs.

Hi Dunstonh,
    Thanks for the reply.

So, all Plevin cases are on hold for 3 months? & Yes I totally understand that it will come when it comes but feels like there is no motion in the case. Our case has been with Aqua since May 2017.
  • Nasqueron
    I think the call centre staff at Aqua are a little better qualified (and paid) than that.:eek:

However, I agree continually phoning will be a frustrating experience since the OP is more than likely going to speak to a different person each time...

When I ring the bank it's usually "John" who has a suspiciously Indian accent with a suspiciously poor call quality. I really doubt they are paid that much or are highly trained compared to the people who investigate the complaints who would not be fronting a call centre
  • [Deleted User]
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    When I ring the bank it's usually "John" who has a suspiciously Indian accent with a suspiciously poor call quality. I really doubt they are paid that much
    Earlier you asserted that the call centre was staffed by "minimum wage phone answering students", now you say it is offshore and manned by Indians?

So which is it? :)
  • Nasqueron
    Earlier you asserted that the call centre was staffed by "minimum wage phone answering students", now you say it is offshore and manned by Indians?

So which is it? :)

Minimum wage answering students in India?

That is the reality of capitalism, telephone answering is offshored to places like India and given to people with little training or skill. The in depth work such as checking through records when a case is raised is carried out in the UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure