Ex-friend says he’s reporting me for benefit fraud.

I had a major fallout with a friend (now ex-friend) and he’s become very vindictive saying he’s going to report me for benefit fraud. That was 4 weeks ago. Do you think the. DWP would of been in touch by now? I live in supported living and have a big social services support package. I also have a appointee. Do you think the DWP would know that the report is malicious and go through my appointee. Would the care package be enough to convince them I’m not a fraud?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had a major fallout with a friend (now ex-friend) and he!!!8217;s become very vindictive saying he!!!8217;s going to report me for benefit fraud. That was 4 weeks ago. Do you think the. DWP would of been in touch by now? I live in supported living and have a big social services support package. I also have a appointee. Do you think the DWP would know that the report is malicious and go through my appointee. Would the care package be enough to convince them I!!!8217;m not a fraud?
    There can be some very nasty people out there. If you've done nothing wrong, i really wouldn't be worrying about it. If this person did report you then it would be your appointee DWP would contact.

ETA. Out of interest, why is this person reporting you?
  • nicetomeetyou
    nicetomeetyou Posts: 310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 April 2018 at 1:06PM
    Because thats the only way he can get to me. He is very vindictive. It is harder to revive a support package then benefits. Will the DWP know that.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Because thats the only way he can get to me. He is very vindictive. It is harder to revive a support package then benefits. Will the DWP know that.
    I know exactly how hard it is to receive a support package because my daughter has just had hers completed and now waiting for a support worker to start. I have no idea if DWP will know that. Like i said if you've done nothing wrong then don't worry. With all the support you receive i'm sure everything will be fine.
  • 1) Are you committing fraud?

2) If not, you have nothing to worry about.

3) Simples as the other sites Meerkats say...
    I enjoy flower arranging, kittens, devil worship, the study of serial killers and their methods and road kill jigsaws.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure