Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    21 AFDs and 163 AFDs in total
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    14/21 for yesterday please Shaggy x Not planning on drinking tonight but will wait and see - DH late leaving work and in a foul mood, so I might retreat with a glass of wine to the bath...
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    15/20 for tonight please.
  • ✨✨✨✨20/29 for me please:) ✨✨✨✨
    I am officially debt free! Debt paid: £18,600 Current Savings: Pot 1 £300 //// Pot 2 (premium bonds) £3,800 :T:j
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    15/21 - DH's mood had improved by the time he got home. I smoothed things further with BBQ ribs for dinner :D
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I've not had a drink since last Thursday and realised I feel better for it. :) I also realised that for me it should probably not be an everyday occurrence. Whilst I do not want to completely give up, I'd like to restrict it to special occasions only.

Not sure I have the will power to do this but a couple of years ago I didn't think I'd manage to get out of debt, let alone start saving. So, I'll give it a go.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Had an AF day yesterday so now 11/30 please Shaggy.

Good luck Alex, you can do it! :)
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,739
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Calling in early with 14/20 AFDs. Wasn't AF yesterday, as it was our 8th wedding anniversary and several celebratory glasses were raised.

I started the day with a good run, of 6k. I got DH to drive me to the 6k point otherwise I know I'd have only gone a short distance.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,785
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 September 2015 at 8:21AM
    satchmo1 wrote: »
    Calling in early with 14/20 AFDs. Wasn't AF yesterday, as it was our 8th wedding anniversary and several celebratory glasses were raised.

I started the day with a good run, of 6k. I got DH to drive me to the 6k point otherwise I know I'd have only gone a short distance.

I'm getting fed up with running injuries, I have recently started doing a lot more walking (hiking), it seems to be a good calorie burner, about 900 calories for a 10 mile (hard) hike in the Surrey hills, and it doesn't have much impact on my joints, like running does. My dog is loving it (more than running) too.

Shaggy I'm now 13/21 ALD's

EDIT: Now 14/21 ALD's
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • I don't think anyone wants to give up completely Alex, but I'm so glad I did. I simply couldn't stop myself having the first one, which led to the second and so on. If you can restrict it to special occasions, good on you, and it seems a sensible place to start.

Happy Anniversary, Satchmo!

22/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills