PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long on average for offers

12346»

Comments

• Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Out,_Vile_Jelly Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would be honest and say you provisionally accept their offer, but that you do have a cash buyer lined up for Weds and if they offer more you'll take it. Be sure to get back to them promptly either way on Weds.

I live in a 2 bed terrace from the 1930s and the difference in space with modern houses is astounding; I have two sensible sized bedrooms (one with a built in wardrobe, the other with a large built-in cupboard), two extremely useful cupboards under the stairs, and a decent sized kitchen and bathroom. Plus the possibility of extending into the generous garden and/or loft. The open plan arrangements in this house fill me with horror, but it is very well presented (nice furniture and not cluttered) so I guess some buyers appreciate that.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • samsam89
    samsam89 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I would be honest and say you provisionally accept their offer, but that you do have a cash buyer lined up for Weds and if they offer more you'll take it. Be sure to get back to them promptly either way on Weds.

I live in a 2 bed terrace from the 1930s and the difference in space with modern houses is astounding; I have two sensible sized bedrooms (one with a built in wardrobe, the other with a large built-in cupboard), two extremely useful cupboards under the stairs, and a decent sized kitchen and bathroom. Plus the possibility of extending into the generous garden and/or loft. The open plan arrangements in this house fill me with horror, but it is very well presented (nice furniture and not cluttered) so I guess some buyers appreciate that.

Given that it is the first offer, I'm tempted to reject and say that they'll need to get closer to the asking price. Was thinking of putting it to them that we have cash buyer on Wednesday viewing and that if they really want the house they'll have to go closer to asking price.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Find out what type of cash buyer. A real cash buyer or what I call a pretend cash buyer. A real cash buyer has the money in the bank now ready to pay you. A pretend cash buyer has to get the cash by selling a house first. The difference is between no chain and a chain. If there is a chain then the cash buyers are not going to be any quicker perhaps than the offer you have got now.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    samsam89 wrote: »
    Given that it is the first offer, I'm tempted to reject and say that they'll need to get closer to the asking price. Was thinking of putting it to them that we have cash buyer on Wednesday viewing and that if they really want the house they'll have to go closer to asking price.

What was the asking price?
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    120k tops.
    Let`s face it, all the links you show are from kite flyers, the last one has been kicking around unsold for a while I think?
    Save yourself a lot of stress, just accept that you are not owed a 42k "bonus" from property just for holding it a couple of years (not anymore) and put it on the market at a starting price of 150k, and be prepared to cut a bit. Just my tuppence worth.

So Crashy went from £120k, to £150k but be prepered to cut it, to the OP getting a £180k offer, with more viewings on the way, within a week...

All quoted for posterity. For the next time Crashy "predicts the crash".

Good luck OP.
  • samsam89
    What was the asking price?

£190k.

EA has rejected and interested party suggested £182,500. EA said that they'd need to meet us half way really so he has gone to speak to his mum and dad to see what he can do.

We're hoping for between 185 and 190 so he's not far off but didn't want to name a price incase he could go higher.
  • samsam89
    £185,000 offered. EA advised accepting out of fear we would lose buyer. I told them we would accept £185,000 on the basis that we have the viewing on Wednesday. Also said if they wanted the viewing cancelled then I'd want slightly more than £185,000 as that was bare minimum we said we would consider. Have a feeling I'm going to be told where to go, have I been too cheeky?
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    samsam89 wrote: »
    £185,000 offered. EA advised accepting out of fear we would lose buyer. I told them we would accept £185,000 on the basis that we have the viewing on Wednesday. Also said if they wanted the viewing cancelled then I'd want slightly more than £185,000 as that was bare minimum we said we would consider. Have a feeling I'm going to be told where to go, have I been too cheeky?

IMO, yes.

you might gain £1k but you might lose the buyer, even if you keep them, they wont want to do you any favours, all goodwill is gone.
  • samsam89
    Well I suppose they can just come back and say £185,000 and no viewing or they walk and we can think about it then. They know we are in no rush to sell and there has been a lot of interest. It wasn't phrased as above, simply said we wanted asking price and that as offer was below that we would accept but allow one final viewing to take place as already booked in. We'll soon find out if it's too cheeky or not.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Any progress?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business