Esa lost form

I have severe mental health issues and on the 15 augest cash wise sent in a esa claim form along with a pile of evidence caashwise had another member of staff who witnessed its posting on the 19 augest they sent me a letter back saying they had not received form and saying my benefit may be affected I had a terrible meltdown and panic attack they said it can take 9 days to get up to them they said leave ringing while Tuesday but that's a bit late when closing date we'd I don't want my money stopping we can prove we sent it but they can't prove they received it job centre told me if it didn't work out to go down Tues and they'd fax it off but that's pushing it plus I've more evidence to go in I will see if they do it Friday if they stick to Tuesday will post it myself but again it's getting nearer time do you think it would be better going today mental health is bad enough without these added issues from pogostick

Comments

• Rubyroobs
    Rubyroobs Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    In my experience these forms take ages to get back and often seem to be left sitting in a pile somewhere at the DWP before they are scanned and showing on DWP system. I had a PIP form that took 3 weeks from sending to be scanned !
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    If the form isn't received by a certain date they will automatically send a reminder letter. It's very likely the reminder letter was sent at the time you returned the completed form to them. Wait till the end of the week and then ring again to see if it's been received.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    Just to add, i've been re-assessed 3 times for ESA and when i return the ESA50 form back, it's always sent in a pre-paid envelope addressed straight to the health assessment advisory service, not to DWP. As it's not sent to DWP first then it arrives much quicker. I don't know if all areas are the same, i know some are.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure