“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    She takes after me :rotfl: Can't deny it!

They have all gone to bed so happy tonight :) None are asleep yet though!

One of the items on eBay has a bid :) Only 99p but still I didn't expect them to sell it's only an old outfit of DS's

CC is looking much better can't wait for it to be gone. It isn't worth the stress :o

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Have you tried putting a search in to the Internet for 'unusual things to sell on Ebay'? The things people will buy!! Toilet roll centres, etc. But there might be some cash in it for you.

I'd be concerned as you are that your DD1 is having to visit the little one on a regular basis. Being a sibling of someone who had pronounced medical needs, I know that my parents did their best to make sure my sister's and my life didn't entirely circle round his, but the effect of sharing my childhood with my brother has had a profound effect on me and, I suspect, on my sister. Much of this is positive (for instance it's the reason I do the job I do, which I love), but some of it was difficult at the time. I do wonder at the teachers taking your DD1 away from her own classes to help them with her little sister - but it may be DD1 is already skilled at helping her.

I'm not keeping up with posting very well but I'm following your progress with admiration! It's amazing how much you are accomplishing. I hope you are able to wind down sometimes, that can be the price of accomplishing a lot.

That's what worries me with DD1 Cherry, She has already done/does so much for DD2 at home etc I feel like school has always been her escape and to be a normal little girl with her friends. Now they are pushing DD2 on her it's taking over her lunch times etc and now they are taking her out of class to 'settle' DD2. I am going to catch her teacher at pick up tomorrow and have a word.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Good idea, Wannabe. Don't underestimate the good things DD1 will gain through her relationship with her sister, but guard those 'ordinary experiences' for her too. I suppose it goes both ways: DD2 will benefit from sometimes having to take second place to one of her siblings, which I'd imagine is really difficult to arrange.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's what worries me with DD1 Cherry, She has already done/does so much for DD2 at home etc I feel like school has always been her escape and to be a normal little girl with her friends. Now they are pushing DD2 on her it's taking over her lunch times etc and now they are taking her out of class to 'settle' DD2. I am going to catch her teacher at pick up tomorrow and have a word.

x

I think you're right to nip this in the bud Wannabe. It's too easy an option for the teachers to bring DD1 out of class and in from playtime to settle DD2. I bet DD1's class teacher isn't overly happy about it. I don't doubt for one minute DD1 isn't happy to help out with her little sister but it's not fair on her. Personally I'd rather they rang me to go and get her if there was nothing they could do to settle her down themselves. I love how you are so aware of all your children's needs and have all their interests at heart. It could be so easy for parents with a child who has medical needs to over focus on just them. x
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well done to DD21 Too right! I'm so glad you're feeling more organised and that you might even get an early night! x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you I will get it sorted ;)
    Sure school dread seeing my face in a morning :rotfl:

Well I think I've finally done enough for it to be settle down time. I have the worst heartburn ever tonight! and I haven't even eaten anything yet :cool: Maybe I've had one too many coffee's though :o :rotfl:

I hope you all get a good night's sleep and tomorrow's a new day :)

Another day closer to weekend :p
    x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    How approachable is the headteacher? Perhaps a frank talk with him/her would be good to express your concerns but also from the point of view of helping the school to understand more. E.g. The pushchair issue. A Head I worked for was quite an advocate for helping to deal with any issues where a child's needs were affected. Would your headteacher be able to help with this?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I've never really approached the new head HSL. Only once over the school nativity issue and I was in angry tears and really I probably shouldn't have taken it out on him :o However he did help. Maybe it's worth a try. I really don't like the head of the SEN side :o She's really stuck up and thinks she's better (well I guess she is but still she just comes across like she's looking down on you)

I am going to speak to both girls teachers tomorrow to see if I can do anything more too. It's so hard to decide what's best for her. I'd hate to regret my decision or feel I've held her back, then the other side I'd hate to think I've failed her too.

x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Heartburn sounds horrible. I hope it subsides and you can sleep.

I think I heard mention of carers here a little while ago? Are you and the children associated with a carers' organisation at all? There are special branches for young carers which might be able to offer peer support to your older children. I know they aren't officially their sister's carer but it sounds as though DD1 is being pushed into that role, and even if the school see it's not appropriate, as I hope they will, young carers may be able to put you in touch with other groups locally that will support your older children. I think I've read that some organise 'ordinary' activities for children affected by illness or disability in a sibling.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you manage to speak to the school x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing