“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening

Well today has been stupidly long. I just want to go to bed but my anxiety is sky high about tomorrow and things so trying to keep busy. I've felt off sorts all day which isn't helping. I know tomorrow will be long.

We got everything done we needed today. Xrays and things but it just meant loads of sitting around. Isn't easy to keep everyone occupied and happy. I ended up buying 2 coffees :o we where there nearly 9 hours!

Anyway enough moaning there's many worse off.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    9 hours :eek:
    Hope tomorrow goes well x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    9 hours is a long time to entertain little ones - even though they’re getting older.
    Fingers crossed for you hoping tomorrow goes as well as it can for you.
    January spends - £587.58
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi WB :) Blimey 9 hours is a long time. Hope today goes well and also a little quicker for you. xx
  • WannabeFree
    Morning

Yesterday was as expensive and long as expected.
    £17 train fare. £7.50 bus fare. Drinks for us all and sandwiches for smalls dinner (I'd taken lunch for them with us) as we where there far longer than we were supposed to be and It was a tough emotional day and I needed coffee as much as the smalls needed their things. It came as an outpatient clinic appointment but it was actually on the day case ward and we where there all day. We didn't get back till very late last night. That should be the last visit there now until just before we go on holiday (6 weeks ish) got to wait for the appointment letter in the post.

Anyway today we aren't doing anything. Cleaning and taking it slow. I have lots I need to plan and things and some phone calls to make all boring stuff.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    At least it is done now x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• WannabeFree
    It is beanie.

Doesn't provide any relief on the worry side of things though. She's been pretty well since the last review and had no major issues so was expecting better news than was there. Lots to think about now before the next appointment.

It's also so expensive. We've spent nearly £100 this week and I'm sure tomorrow will tip us over that. Not that I'm complaining :o it can't be changed but just in general and that's with take 95% of food and drinks with us although it is 4 coffees and the smalls sandwiches last night I guess I could have avoided if I'd been better prepared. There's only so much I can carry on the train/bus and walking though with the 3 smalls in tow too.

We are waiting for the pharmacy today so think we will bake. Keeps the smalls happy and takes my mind of things for a while

Considering doing the food shop online as we need washing powder etc and it will be more than usual to carry home.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi WB :) A quiet day in sounds just like what you all need this week.

Can you not tap into any help with transport? My friend has to get from Manchester to Liverpool, sometimes twice a week and although she does have family who can help, it's not always convenient. She's been able to get a lift from volunteers who specifically offer transport to families of poorly children.

Enjoy the baking. xx
  • beanielou
    Good idea from tea.
    Happy baking ��
    Would have been happy to help you to eat it if only I was nearer! X

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,026 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think if you look on your area's Ambulance Service NHS Trust website there will be a link for 'alternative transport' which may be worth a try. I think there is often a charge but I imagine one car journey for all of you would be cheaper than public transport as well as less time-consuming, and the drivers are police-checked.

It sounds like a tough couple of days. Sending hugs. x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport