NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Comments

• ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Number 24 checking in.
    Managed 2 NSD so far. Had to buy eggs today,but tomorrow should be spendfree.
    Sold a couple of hand made cards so I've put the money in a spare purse and it will go in the saving account.
    Haven't eaten any frogsor elephants yet. Thinking about it though.:think:.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 994/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Fmess wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that some apostrophes are turning into random numbers?!

Wondered what that was about!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    apple munchee gosh thats a lot to loose. thats the second wedding abroad Ive seen in recent weeks thats been cancelled leaving people out of pocket!!

I have done my big shop at Aldi/ Tesco & my budgets are now

1050 emergency fund
    700 holiday spends
    60 fuel
    117 spends!

HOWEVER a mishap with my dining table means I now need a new one *sigh* Im really not sure it constitutes an emergency and I am going to try & get one on the cheap. I could do with one in the next month but its not urgent.

I have cleaned out my baking cupboard & written a list of things I need to use/ made a meal plan. Next frogs are - sort my recipe folder out / plant some seeds with my kids.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Always pay to debts or savings first, live on what is left. - car & 0% CCs on direct debit. 'Regular' spending CC cards always paid off in full by start of month. Once kitchen/ workmen fully paid for this month we will know what (if any!) we have left and that can go to OH's 0% CC. Any extra monies will also go there

First of February until the 28th, inclusive.
    Organise your budgets before the start of the month and stick to them.
    * Food 56.93/450 - Tesc0 shop today
    * Diesel (me) - 0/65
    * Toiletries - 0/10
    * Clothing - 0/100 (DS1 desperately in need of new jeans)
    * Social - 0/50
    * Half term - 0/75
    * Money in - 0/50

Reserve a small portion of your budget (cash or goods) for the food bank or charity of your choice. - ok. Monthly DD to WWT. Should be attending a charity coffee/ cake morning mid month. Also £1 in aid of charity for non-school uniform last week (and will have another this week)

Environment Be aware of your surroundings and use all your senses. Be alert to danger but also to beauty. -
    [/COLOR]
    Stock take your cupboards, fridge and freezer. Base your meal plan upon them and your shopping list on what is needed. Stick to your list. - desperately in need to top up supplies once kitchen is in!

Takeaways are forbidden (unless as part of family entertainment night/ birthday choice). Coffee shops, vending machines, works canteens etc are also banned (pastoral exceptions). may have family takeaway as social if budget unspent elsewhere

Always take your lunch to work and snacks and drinks for outings or appointments (may excuse one trip with children or allow ice creams etc if part of the experience). - have half term budget- will take lunches if applicable but something like ice creams may fall into budget here

Do something different. If nothing changes, nothing changes. We want to see small positive changes which become habits and then just part of who you are. Pick 2 or 3 things you want to change. Start with one small change and after five successful days, add another.

Valentine Who? after 30+ years together we don't really do Val now :) (although I may buy some of the flowers for myself afterwards if they have been reduced :D

Exercise 5 times a week please. It should be commensurate with your abilities and current state of health (be careful after flu/ viruses). Getting outside helps with mental health too. - 3 weeks into flu/ post flu chesty cough/ fatigue/ poor breathing. Not doing any cv exercise until much better.

NSDs are staying at 18 this month. that is still 10 days available for necessary shopping. There would be far fewer opportunities in the forest. Exceptions for medical care, petrol (should be within budget), bus fares, ys bargains and milk for greent. :D 1/18 - not one today. As well as some Tesc0 shopping we also bought tiles for our shower
    Throw
    it away. We should all be aware that there is no such place as 'away' and recycle or donate appropriately but we all have too much stuff and even if you are ill, getting the rubbish and recycling helps slow the descent into chaos. - looking to remove 150 items this month - whether sell/ donate/ recycle/ bin - recycled a magazine and some paperwork today and returned some brochures 6/150

Use what you have. Fix something (for free if possible). we need to update our house to do list this month - some jobs are being done as we have workmen in for the kitchen so are having them do some other bits whilst here (more cost efficient :)) My main focus is a big clean and tidy- lots of dust spread everywhere from the works

Refuel properly. Feb is a month of re-charging for me :)

Elephants and Frogs. .Am sure I can find some frogs. An elephant I need to tackle is getting OH's co accounts for the year ready for the accountant

New oven (old one was broken anyway so went for recycling) delivered at 7.45 this morning - delivery men unpacked it, checked it for damage and I signed for it and off they went (with packaging and old oven) - half an hour later I realised they'd delivered the wrong one:mad: - too big. No customer service open until Monday - argh!!:mad: Means more time without an oven (was hoping to have it connected today - definitely by Tuesday) - more hassle for food :(
    Bought tiles for the re-fit of the shower in our bathroom :T
    Haven't managed to sell old kitchen units :(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!

I thought it was the censor again and couldn't figure out what you were saying - I have been a victimof the auto reading thing a time or two when I have used a word correctly and it has been blanked out (once described my ex as f e c k l e s s as in in unreliable/ useless waste of space).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 February 2018 at 8:57PM
    Oh no apple how upsetting that it!!!8217;s been called off, I take it it!!!8217;s not worth still going for a holiday?

We thought about still going,but we'd have ended up paying over £7K easily and that is about 7months salary at the mo, so we took the hit. And it wouldn't have been the 'holiday of a lifetime' we'd been planning. More of a let-down, half-hearted affair, I think.

The apostrophes aren't turning into numbers for everyone - it might depend on what device you are using...?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for a great chat with another mum at dance classes - we think so similarly about many things, it's lovely, for not buying anything in the ch shops with dd despite wanting a few things, for 2 good games of rugby on the telly, for getting an easy workout done, for a chat with big sis, for seeing a badger lumber across the path in front of us, for crispy bacon, for still having another day of the weekend left, for the Mayor of Lunnon town changing the rules so that one oyster payment gives you unlimited tram and bus travel for one hour (the challenge is on, to see how many changes I can fit in to 60 mins!!) - this will save us several pounds each per week = result!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Spend day today I cut my finger and needed Elastoplast when did it get so expensive £3.59 for a box assorted sizes. No other spends.
    Eaten out of stocks today, plenty left.
    Have started to get rid of lots of tadpoles, which could turn into frogs and then elephants. I refer to the multitude of emails suggesting you buy their goods. No emails no temptation so unsubscribing to all I do not need especially as I didn't request them in the first place.
    Gave the change in my purse to a young girl selling Big Issue on the high street in the pouring rain, just enough to get a warm drink.
    Am going to question buying anything this month which is not food or necessary cleaning items. No magazines unless free, no chocolate and no alcohol etc. Hoping this will boost my pots.
    Grateful for a warm home, good food and lovely friends.
    Hugs all round
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Dottydaisy wrote: »
    Spend day today I cut my finger and needed Elastoplast when did it get so expensive £3.59 for a box assorted sizes. No other spends.
    Eaten out of stocks today, plenty left.
    Have started to get rid of lots of tadpoles, which could turn into frogs and then elephants. I refer to the multitude of emails suggesting you buy their goods. No emails no temptation so unsubscribing to all I do not need especially as I didn't request them in the first place.
    Gave the change in my purse to a young girl selling Big Issue on the high street in the pouring rain, just enough to get a warm drink.
    Am going to question buying anything this month which is not food or necessary cleaning items. No magazines unless free, no chocolate and no alcohol etc. Hoping this will boost my pots.
    Grateful for a warm home, good food and lovely friends.
    Hugs all round

You keep your NSD - medical expeses are allowed as we do not want anyone to put off treatment for the sake of a NSD (petrol rule is similar as we don't want anyone stuck in the middle of nowhere because they had not filled the engine when they needed to.

Re magazines - our library no loger has many available (only a couple of newspapers too) but we have access to on online magazine service with quite a lot available - it even sends you an email to tell when a new issue is available. I signed up for 2 cross stitch mags and Kitchen Garden mag. I get so temptd by all the 'free' seeds at this time of year and have often bought a mag because of one particular design when I have loads already.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Today was NSD 1.

Had DS3's two little friends over for 4 hours, they played hide and seek all through the house, I don't think I am going to have to dust anywhere for months, they were EVERYWHERE, then they found the N3rf guns and that was that. So good clean old fashioned fun for 10 yr old boys down the side of my bed:rotfl: and in the pantry:rotfl: and the cupboard under the stairs:rotfl:

When I went to pick one up, his dad asked if he needed any money to take with him. He was only coming over to play! I must be out of touch with play dates - it has been a while. :o

All food from stores, naughty birthday takeaway did us last night, then I whipped out my trusty tin foil roll for the left overs before anyone could decide on a possible 10pm snack-ette, and popped them in the fridge. There was just enough for supper tonight, so I don't feel too wantonly decadent. Besides, DH paid not me. :T

It is more like a rainforest here, it has rained all day long. No tree-frogs eaten, enjoying reading my books and just chillin' today. It will all be horrid tomorrow as it is homework day (boo!) and making sure the laundry is strung between two trees.

Will try and hunt YS bargains if DH makes it back from town with DS1 in time. Sunday is becoming rather a scrum at YS time in Mr T's. I fear someone may dig a man-trap in aisle 4.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport