PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 8 September 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 8 September 2017 at 5:31AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 8 September 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Dull, dreich, and raining here this morning, rain started sometime during the night and is ongoing, loads of laying water too.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was gammon steaks, egg, new potatoes and peas, chocolate swiss roll/ice cream for those that wanted some. Tonight will be chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I'll be having mushroom omelette and salad.

Wasn't particularly productive yesterday, just couldn't settle to anything, although I did manage to do a bit of a inventory of the freezers/store cupboards, and did a menu and shopping list based around using up supplies I already have. I also did do several loads of washing, so the basket was empty - I'll expect it's now got something in it already. I want to change our bed and I also have the ironing pile that's been steadily growing all week as I've done a wash load daily. Boys put up my new washing line yesterday afternoon, was hoping for a test run today - but that's not looking likely.

So today -

I'll be heading to the SM to do the food shopping first thing, then home to crack on with the ironing, change our bed, wash our bed linen. If I get chance I may do some baking/cooking, perhaps some oat biscuits, Victoria sponge, it's now at that time of year for comfort food. I need to get jobs done today as I'm working tomorrow, and won't want to be ironing when I get home from work.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 5,988
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning All

Thanks for the thread nmlc.

Wet again this morning, it rained all day yesterday so the ground is sodden. Washing on the pulley and airer, it'll get TDd this afternoon to finish it off ready for the next lot!

Hope your DM had a good night Gers.

My case is almost packed, 8 of us going to Dublin for a 'school night out', even though it's for the weekend. Cheap flights £35 return and all staying in the same room in a hostel - not really my thing but could be a laugh, all other accomodation was really expensive. The age range is from 26 to 58, 7 female and 1 male!

Hope you have a happy Friday, take care. XX
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Damp, dark and miserable here too.

DGDs still asleep so enjoying a bit of peace but that will change and the usual chaos will reign till they are dispatched to school. Then I have the pleasure of the Friday Tidy and much washing to do. The week has gone in a string of appointments and the to-ing and fro-ing involved. This afternoon's appointment is the dentist for both of us for a check up. I know I have lost a bit of filling so at least one job will need doing.

Picked up a few bargains on Leeds market yesterday - big bag of peppers for £1 (soup on the agenda) and 2 big boxes of strawberries for £1.50. Got home to find a big bag of apples on the doorstep from a neighbour. Going to be busy this weekend!

Have a good day all if you can. Have a good weekend CAMELOT, it sounds fun. GERS I hope your mum is soon on the mend. It's a worry. Take care all and (HUGS) for all in need xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning,
    Thanks for the start nmlc x
    Camelot - that sounds like fun!
    Got up a bit earlier to put a wash on. Need to hang it indoors before I go off to work as it's DHs work shirts and they need dropping off at the jironing shop tomorrow. Usually do this on a Thursday night but forgot doh!
    Work today will be slightly less frantic and I'm going to meet DH and friends at 7pm at a bar, so plenty of time to mosey on down Bond St and Oxford St on my way. I need some cleanser so will see if any of the department stores have an offer on.
    Children will cook their own pizzas tonight so they are in the fridge defrosting.
    Need to get my skates on for work. Have a good day all.
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Damp and raining here and set in for the day I think we are meant to get thunder and lightning too.

Off to work for me just three days to go till I get a day off I am ready for one !

Takeaway tonight and wine although not too much for me,but no cooking :T

Need to do a wash tonight and get some t-shirts washed ready for the week.

Gers hope mum is ok xx

Camelot sounds fun (apart from the sharing a room thing :eek: ! ) let me know what its like, I want to take DD to Dublin.

Have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's wet and miserable here today so I am snuggled up in a big woolly jumper. Steve has the day off so I have left hime sleeping and Phoebe and Lilly are getting dressed. Becky got up but was so tired as she is in pain with her back so I have sent her back to bed.

Jemima is coming round once she has dropped the grandchildren off to school. She is very kindly taking me and Phoebe off to camhs this morning as the therapist wants to see Phoebe again to ask more questions. She will be going into school once her appointment is done and I will be coming back for a cup of tea.

I have no clue what to make for tea tonight. I hope Steve will have some inspiration or it will just be egg and chips...hmmm, that actually sounds rather nice.

Gers, I really hope your mum is doing ok. It must be such a worry for you.
    Enjoy your weekend away Camelot xx

I am off to make some tea so I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope your mum is OK gers x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Enjoy your weekend camelot :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been slowly running down the freezers – very slowly because as the older stuff is being used up, more is added, lol. But it's gradually going down and I want the big freezer empty so I can defrost and clean it then fill it with proper food. I'm not sure why we need so many frozen chillis and peppers but apparantly we do, even though only one person eats them. We have frozen chillis, dried chillis, powdered chillis and fresh chillis. Even had to put another shelf up in the kitchen to accommodate them all and jars have still found their way onto the other shelves. They last so long because they're so hot and only a tiny bit gets used at a time. I'm sure greenhouse space could be used more productively too – for stuff that we all eat, not just one of us. Ggggrrr.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I crossed off about half the things on my list, not bad considering mum turned up for coffee and stayed for a couple of hours. I'm hoping to have finished it all by the end of today. I'll re-jig the freezers too and hopefully make more space. I'll be crocheting another cushion later and probably eating chocolate at the same time :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 September 2017 at 7:21AM
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for starting us off nmlc

Gers I hope that your mum is feeling better today.
    Camelot have a good time.

It’s a horrible dark wet morning here at the moment and having just looked at the forecast online it doesn’t look like it is going to improve much.

I think it is a day for pottering about indoors and catching up on some little jobs that need doing around the place. I should really clean the inside of the windows but that is one of those jobs that I really don’t like doing. I think I will try and do one a day until they are all done. That way I won’t get too fed up with it.

I got some good quality ham y/s yesterday so I’m going to have that with egg, chips and beans as a treat for dinner tonight. I don’t have it very often, but now and again I really enjoy it.

I think I need to go and get some more tea and some breakfast now.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • Muttering repaireduorning all

Dark and wet here/ We need a clip on our guttering repaired-it sounds like Niagera Falls here at the moment.

We are looking after DGs today. His mummy is working longer hours today as she has a basic counselling course. Need to think about extra ways to amuse him as there will be no garden or park today. We may take him to the library if the heavy rain goes off a bit. we might also make biscuits.

Well have a good day all. Hope camhs goes well today Dumpling.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Aaaaargh!!! And another Aaaaargh! As if it wasn't stressful enough getting the 3 girls moving to be ready for throwing in the car by 8.15, this morning we had to make it 8.00! Eldest realised she had left her school tie at home before last night's swimming and MUST have it for school or she would get detention! So more of a rush than ever as Mr TA had to detour via their house so she could look for the said tie! Leaving me to sort out their discarded nightwear, make all the beds and with a pile of mucky pots. I don't know about the Friday tidy I could do with going back to bed! Rant over!

Next week we are off to North Devon and looking forward to having no appointments to go to and no DGDs to look after (much as I love them!) The weather can do it's worst and I shall still enjoy just relaxing and having all my meals made for me!

Take care all x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning all,

My late shift last night wasn't too bad after all. It was a networking event that we were hosting so good to meet new people. Got home, had a sandwich and went to bed.

Decided I'm going to fast today. Friday is when I tend to slip off the healthy eating wagon and then I continue that until Monday. Thinking is if I fast today it does a few things; 1) saves me cash on buying food, 2) helps me in gym work and 3) will encourage me to eat healthier tomorrow. That's the thinking anyway.

Got a haircut straight from work and I need to stop off at a fancy doughnut shop and get her some. I don't tip her but I do bring small daft gifts (usually edible given our shared love for unhealthy foods).

Working tomorrow which means I'll get food there. Depending how I feel, I shouldn't eat anything until 3pm tomorrow.

camelot - That sounds like a hoot! Have a Guinness for me! Safe travels.
    Gers - Hope you had a good night and your mums feeling better.

Have a nice Friday all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport