Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 August 2017 at 6:55PM
    Options
    I can't work sky out. They offer so many different discounts but show no consistency. I've given my notice. The best they could offer was £5 off two packages and total was over £90 / month. I've seen people with more package for far less. The discount on sky app after i cancelled yesterday was 40%. It's changed to 30% today. Based on what I can get else where I will definitely move if they aren't going to give me a decent deal. Im black level vip so its not like they haven't fleeced me for years.

call when you can, they may have better call handlers who are willing to give you offers. One gave only 40% discount, one gave 60%, depends on what you find acceptable
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • betting_pops
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to haggle a better deal on my dad's behalf.

For years he's paid full whack for the basic (what is now variety) package.

I phoned up to try and get Sky Q and a second box for multiroom for free with no set up charges, add sport and get 50% off.

They said the best they could do was 30 or 40% off (can't remember which) and they couldn't offer any discount on the Sky Q boxes or installation fees.

I gave notice on my dads behalf and am now waiting to see what they will come up with. There is a 30% offer for 12 months on the website I can see has been offered.

Can someone offer advice as to what I should be hoping to get and the best way to contact Sky to try and get it?

Thanks.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to haggle a better deal on my dad's behalf.

For years he's paid full whack for the basic (what is now variety) package.

I phoned up to try and get Sky Q and a second box for multiroom for free with no set up charges, add sport and get 50% off.

They said the best they could do was 30 or 40% off (can't remember which) and they couldn't offer any discount on the Sky Q boxes or installation fees.

I gave notice on my dads behalf and am now waiting to see what they will come up with. There is a 30% offer for 12 months on the website I can see has been offered.

Can someone offer advice as to what I should be hoping to get and the best way to contact Sky to try and get it?

Thanks.

How long is 'years'? If it's over 15 then if he joins Sky VIP he automatically will get free Sky Q set-up.

If he has been paying full price for a long time, then he may have to wait until he gets cut off to get the best (60%+) discounts as they won't think he will actually go through with the cancellation.
  • betting_pops
    Options
    They said 8 years on the phone so I guess he must have cut off his service at some point because as far as I recall he's had Sky for 20 years or so.

Has anyone had any luck getting free / discounted Sky Q boxes and installation without the VIP loyalty?

He's happy with 40% or so discount but the additional box and setup costs are a sticking point.
  • SF3737
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Gold VIP customer (7yrs), with 60% discount last 12months - Cancelled my services last week as discounted period expiring.
    Was immediately offered 40% discount which I politely declined.
    Sky online account also showed 40%, but yesterday this reduced to 30%.
    Contacted them via chat this morning and best they can do is 40% discount on existing equipment or 25% on Sky Q1tb (no installation fees). I politely declined again, and will proceed to cancellation.

Hope this helps
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    People ask over and over and are told that the best deals are usually given when you cancel and let the system go off. If you call, they assume that you are desperate, so they won't need to make a really good offer.

Cancellation going through would cancel any VIP entitlements, but I don't want them anyway.
  • Nightine
    Options
    I cancelled last week, then had a 40% off deal in My Sky which I enquired about but its 40% off your TV pack not including multiroom (and I think HD?) so best price was £63 (currently on friends and family £35 offer for full tv, Sky Q 2 tb and multiroom) so I said it was too much. They got it down to £55 removing cinema but I still declined.

Offer in My Sky went down to 30% on Thursday

Today I received a call and managed to get it down to £47.75 (without movies) on a rolling contract and £25 credit which I have accepted

Just wanted to get it sorted and I'm happy with that price so not sure if I could have held out for a better price or not?
  • sundawg
    sundawg Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My full cancellation went through a few days ago. Just went on live chat and received my 60% discount back with £25 credit on Family bundle and Sky Sports so I'm quite happy with that.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sundawg wrote: »
    My full cancellation went through a few days ago. Just went on live chat and received my 60% discount back with £25 credit on Family bundle and Sky Sports so I'm quite happy with that.

The Family bundle is now Variety and advertised as £25 even for current customers so did they discount this new price for you ?
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I phoned the other day as chat was always busy. Last year I had 60% plus £100 credit. So I paid nothing for months as my package was working out at £12.80 no contract.

Phoned got same offer, plus dvd as I'm a supposed platinum customer plus I was offered there mobile contracts at half price which I declined. Calls free and texts you just needed to pay the gb you used. I got through 20 minutes before closing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback