Canada Square Operations Phone Number

I have spent the whole morning looking for a number to call them on as there was not one on the letter. Finally tracked it down:

0800 358 2101

:j:j:j:j:j:money::money::money::money::money::D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::A:A:A:A:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Do they actually answer?
    My own experience with HSBC's dedicated PPI number was that it was always busy...
  • Yep and they were quite helpful!
  • dougie212
    dougie212 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Just for everyone's note, I recently had a successful ppi claim against egg. Canada square operations were prompt and very helpful.. But.... As I had an outstanding balance from my egg loan, I received some off the ppi but a large percentage went towards the balance. This was all finalised in April.
    For some reason this morning I had the urge to ring them as I hadn't received a revised balance following the ppi reclaim. Low and behold, they'd sent my part of the claim but had not shifted the money across to the outstanding balance!
    This is now in the process of being rectified but may be worth checking out if anyone else is in the same position as me...
  • MissL46
    MissL46 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just spoke to Canada Square about the letter I received saying I had to send in bank statements to confirm my address as it had changed. I said no it hasn't changed and a nice lady checked my details and confirmed my address. Prepared a letter and statements as proof and she said send it anyway and she will leave a note confirming our conversation.

Quite sneaky of them prior to today...now they can't do no wrong :-)
  • I had to send two original bank statments to canada square to prove my new address I did this straight away and sent them recorded delivery. having heard nothing for 3 weeks I then phoned the number provided on this thread(great help thanks) I spoke to a very help full person who said that the department dealing with my claimm(no phone line) beleive that i had sent copies he could see my statements and said they are originals and that he will speak to the department and that i should also write to them. Is this some sort of delaying tactic as the person I spoke to seemed almost amused that they have said they are copies. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as it is starting to grate on my wife and me.
  • I emailed a guy Simon Cooper on crt.pleaseassist@citi.com and he was really helpful. After waiting from January with no update I got my cheque within a week of contacting him.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 114 Forumite
    This number definately works for now as I just rang them.
  • We were recently delighted to receive a letter from this company (to call them an organisation would be an insult to anybody organised!), who said my husband was eligible to make this claim and it would be settled in 20 working days. My husband duly filled in the forms they requested and returned them Recorded Delivery as he included a copy of our marriage certificate (he took the unusual step of double-barrelling HIS name on our marriage, and the co. had asked if he had been known by any other name). Approx one week later we received a letter telling us that they had received the documents, and 'made a note of the change of name details for their records'. So far, they had the details on the returned form, a copy of our marriage certificate AND written confirmation that they had made a note of the changes. Guess what happened today? We received a cheque in his former name, which he cannot submit to the bank. He telephoned the company to be told he has to wait another 20 days for another cheque to be issued!!!
  • I had thought all was going well, the claim form was sent and they agreed I had a fair claim. Compensation was agreed, money would be sent as soon as final signed form was received. All done, NO. A new form appears, all greyed out, could have been:- Valid name documentation, or marriage cert, or deed poll cert, or statutory dec, or decree absolute, or a passport page with photo but none of these would be required as none pertinent to claim. From this site got the phone number as none of their docs have one but tell you you can phone from 9am to 5pm! Talked to Charlotte at Canada Square but system down, eventually working and she cannot help it is another branch I want and they do not have telephones. You must write and she could only offer one line, well Egg no longer exists. A total shambles, and alarm bells are ringing. So if it an EGG PPI claim they cannot be contacted by any phone and will be using these delaying tactics. SCAM? If you have the non existent phone number for the PO BOX 4903 in Worthing I would like it.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It isn't a scam if it was Canada Square Operations that contacted you.
    Write back and ask them what identification they want.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure