Printing from Chromebook wirelessly

BOBS
BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
Can anyone advise me on setting up canon pixma printer MG3650 to print from asus chromebook. Says compatible and have ran through http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-setup.html?lng=en&type=setup&area=eu_grp&mdl=MG3650&os=c

canon online instructions but printer still not appearing on chromebook.
SO frustrating
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    your link didnt work
  • BOBS
    edited 11 February 2018 at 2:48PM
    Link just for canon webpage I followed
    http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-top.html?lng=en

printer showing up as option under connect to wifi - so can either connect chromebook to my bt wifi or to printer. But this is as far as I can get - obviously missing something simple but at a complete loss
  • ballyblack
    edited 11 February 2018 at 3:56PM
    I found connecting a chromebook a bit of a chore.

I first of all made sure it was connected to wifi for mobile phone printing via the Canon app on my phone

After I established this I was able to set up Chromebook 'Cloud Print' via instructions on the canon website
  • BOBS
    ballyblack wrote: »
    I found connecting a chromebook a bit of a chore.

I first of all made sure it was connected to wifi for mobile phone printing via the Canon app on my phone

After I established this I was able to set up Chromebook 'Cloud Print' via instructions on the canon website

I have managed to connect and print well from iphone.

Did you manage to print from chromebook without the canon print selphy ap ? - It seems I cant get anything from playstore onto my chromebook .
  • ballyblack
    edited 11 February 2018 at 7:16PM
    my chromebook does not have apps

Merely used my phone to make sure printer was connected to Wifi

Try this

http://ugp21.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/AFG/afg_webprint3.html#afg_webprint3_01
  • It has baffled the biggest geeks in tech so I wish you good luck with that.
  • BOBS
    ballyblack wrote: »
    my chromebook does not have apps

Merely used my phone to make sure printer was connected to Wifi

Try this

http://ugp21.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/AFG/afg_webprint3.html#afg_webprint3_01

thanks will give it a go in am and post back.
    It has baffled the biggest geeks in tech so I wish you good luck with that.
    oh dear !!!
  • Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't have a Canon printer but my Brother printer setup takes less than a minute. I connect the printer to the WiFi then log into the printer interface on the printer IP address which was 192.168.1.129 (check the router to see what address DHCP gives it) select the network tab on the menu then protocol tick the Google cloud print box click on advanced setting for cloud print and hit the register button then it automatically registers the printer with your Google account ready for use.
  • Lumstorm wrote: »
    I don't have a Canon printer but my Brother printer setup takes less than a minute. I connect the printer to the WiFi then log into the printer interface on the printer IP address which was 192.168.1.129 (check the router to see what address DHCP gives it) select the network tab on the menu then protocol tick the Google cloud print box click on advanced setting for cloud print and hit the register button then it automatically registers the printer with your Google account ready for use.
    Easy peasy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport