The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Spousal maintenance

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You do realise that if your new partner were to become a childminder, that your ex-wife would not be able to use childcare vouchers, nor would your partner be able to charge for looking after the child - and that would mean that your daughter would be taking up a place which would be profitable.
  • Mr.Grey
    Mr.Grey Posts: 11 Forumite
    Please don't make fun of me, I am in genuine need of advice. I am not in the habit of wasting either mine or other peoples time.
  • Mr.Grey
    thorsoak wrote: »
    You do realise that if your new partner were to become a childminder, that your ex-wife would not be able to use childcare vouchers, nor would your partner be able to charge for looking after the child - and that would mean that your daughter would be taking up a place which would be profitable.[/QUOTE

It would save me paying for the childcare then, my ex still won't get any more money as she can work full time. I don't see why not though.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Mr.Grey wrote: »
    Please don't make fun of me, I am in genuine need of advice. I am not in the habit of wasting either mine or other peoples time.

You've been given advice. You just haven't been told what you want to hear.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • thorsoak
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 8:40PM
    seashore22 wrote: »
    Actually I wish I hadn't posted now because I'm not so sure about this thread. At least I hope no one is this lacking in self awareness and empathy in real life.

You talk about empathy? You are coming over as a controlling serial adulterer - who is so angry that your soon to be ex-wife has had enough of you - that you are trying to control her by keeping her short of money. Your current partner should be aware that when a mistress becomes a partner, she leaves a vacancy for another mistress!

Such a nice man - NOT!

You are now finding out that you have to pay for your pleasures.
  • stokesley
    stokesley Posts: 219
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You talk about empathy? You are coming over as a controlling serial adulterer - who is so angry that your soon to be ex-wife has had enough of you - that you are trying to control her by keeping her short of money. Your current partner should be aware that when a mistress becomes a partner, she leaves a vacancy for another mistress!

Such a nice man - NOT!

It has to be a wind-up; no one can possibly be that ghastly.

Can they?:eek:
  • thorsoak
    Forumite
    Oh yes they can ....I've known a couple of "very nice chaps" who have tried to starve their ex-wives out just because they've had enough of the adultery/controlling behaviour!
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Such a nice man - NOT!

Did you mean to post that and quote my post? I'm not the op.
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph Posts: 2,870
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    seashore I think you were quoted because thorsoak was agreeing with your sentiment.

That's how I read it anyway
  • Mr.Grey
    I would suggest that you read through the (very long) thread started by JackRS entitled "Separated, how much should I provide?" It might prove enlightening!

Reading this is exactly the reason I don't want to pay. This guys ex is ripping him off. That's not happening to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure