PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Letting agent went into rental without permission

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 6:22PM
    Comms69 wrote: »
    - actually this is one of the few places are photographs should be restricted (for the reasons set out above) statistically there's atleast one child on a safeguarding list in a class.

Typically the school gets parents to take photographs after the performance when the child cannot be seen. Mostly the reason for this is to protect them from actual harm. - having done photography and filming at various schools, it's surprising how often this is sadly the case.

and in a lot of schools in my area now it is restricted...its a sign of the times...

I think perhaps I picked a bad example but wanted to highlight the difference between parental/grandparental pride at a performance and what the OP clearly thinks is intrusion.
    They are obviously proud of their child's achievements to display the information on the wall ...I just wonder if they would have removed the certificates prior to new viewings or actually it's only become am issue when the photos have been put on RM or wherever they were advertised.
    In my experience you proudly display things you want visitors to your house to comment on.....else you would keep them in a drawer away from prying eyes.

and then of course...Grandma then enters a public forum read by an unrestricted number of people to discuss it.......

It puts a whole new spin on photos on RM though...I mean how many house for sale do you see with clearly visable photos of the family that live there...quite a few.

although as a LL I have to say I much prefer my marketing photos to show blank rooms,it's always worked far better for me than pictures with tenants furnishings.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • ThePants999
    ThePants999 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In today's shocking news, it turns out that there's a correlation between overreacting to a minor situation, and overreacting to being told that you overreacted.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Lokolo wrote: »
    ask about that line in your agreement we would tell you that it is unenforceable and you can change the lock, as long as you return the property in its original state (i.e. with the original locks).

Agree with the above but bear in mind you could be held liable for any damage/costs caused by the LL for gaining entry into the property in a emergency because locks have been changed, also you may well get a section 21 issued.
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    mchale wrote: »
    Agree with the above but bear in mind you could be held liable for any damage/costs caused by the LL for gaining entry into the property in a emergency because locks have been changed, also you may well get a section 21 issued.
    If the house is on fire (emergency), the fire brigade are unlikely to hang around waiting for the LL to turn up with a key, so whether the key works or not becomes moot......

Section 21 is irrelevant as OP is leaving anyway.....
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    crisN wrote: »
    Seriously you all need to get something else in your lives, try going out and enjoying life.

:rotfl: while complaining about photos even after taken down and apologised.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    G_M wrote: »
    If the house is on fire (emergency), the fire brigade are unlikely to hang around waiting for the LL to turn up with a key, so whether the key works or not becomes moot......

Section 21 is irrelevant as OP is leaving anyway.....

Was thinking more of water/gas leak, sec 21 would be relevant for tenants living in a property & thinking of changing locks.:)
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    mchale wrote: »
    Was thinking more of water/gas leak, sec 21 would be relevant for tenants living in a property & thinking of changing locks.:)
    How would/could the LL know if there was a gas or water leak?

Oh! Yes - I guess the tenants called and told him. So the LL needs a key because.......
  • I still want to know what redress were you expecting in addition to the photos being removed considering you say you don't want financial compensation??
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    G_M wrote: »
    How would/could the LL know if there was a gas or water leak?

Oh! Yes - I guess the tenants called and told him. So the LL needs a key because.......
    I suppose the people downstairs might have contacted the LL, though tbh if I were the downstairs neighbour being flooded I'd already have made my own door-opening arrangements...
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I still want to know what redress were you expecting in addition to the photos being removed considering you say you don't want financial compensation??
    Of course, the OP wouldn't be entitled to compensation anyway as they're not actually anything to do with it, other than being a parent of one of the tenants.

I am bewildered at the number of posts here by people poking their noses into the property renting/owning lives of their adult children, who I presume are capable of working an internet forum themselves if they actually wanted our advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure