painting the inside of a microwave oven

124»

Comments

• zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    I'm fairly sure that in the TWO YEARS since the question was asked, that the OP has proceeded to paint it, or not, - seeing as he hasn't told us in the intervening period maybe it went badly??
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    I googled the same question a few months back and one of the top answers came from a company I had had dealings with in a previous employment.
    From memory, the company was Mettlab are are considered THE experts in microwaves in all areas. Their technician stated that bog standard enamel paint like Hammerite smooth was perfectly safe for the task and he had painted the inside of his microwave oven without any issues.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Thank you Patman :T :money:

Google Microwave Repair Paint and this is No 2 About 527,000 results

Many of the posters should be ashamed of their attitude and would have been more at home in a Microwave Marketing Forum and for those suggesting danger and at the worst explosions !

!!!!!!??? :eek: If you know Sweet Fanny Addams about a subject why post??? I hope the thousands who found this thread via Google were not put off too much and found Patman's post useful :)
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    would have been more at home in a Microwave Marketing Forum

Oh please tell me one exists!
  • Ok this thread is probably old, stainless steel microwave have no paint inside, also the microwave that do are for cosmetics consumers to look good, if there is paint for inside microwaves and its safe to use then why not. The companys would not made a microwave with metal inside for it to arc if the paint comes of that would be dangerous, just look inside stainless steel one ?
    Save up buy a stainless one no paint to bubble and peel if not wiped out every use
  • Harryp_24
    Harryp_24 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    dude theyre like 15 quid...
  • I am losing countless nights of sleep just thinking about all those millions of microwave ovens across the planet over the past decades, painted on the inside, that are somehow deemed unsafe by a few opinionated ignorant numpties (with no proven / published scientific evidence). And additionally, all those teas and coffees we have reheated in our hand painted mugs as well. Crikey we are all doomed. Let's get the court cases started before its too late.....
  • Justtrythis simple I had a little spot of rust where the wheel runs on the painted metal.. use a sharp knife to remove the rust. Then use WHITE NAIL VARNISH.
  • This is an old post but just in case anyone is still watching;
    I have a modern microwave with peeling paint and I will be repainting myself. I have prepared the surface and it is a plated surface, looks like a smooth galvanisation and in good condition. So the question is why repaint? Can I just leave the good surface unpainted?
    Colin2206.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport