Fairtrade practice RIP OFF SCANDAL

Options
Good day all
I am new to the group so thank you in advance for any feedback and advice given here. My query is about a situation with a company called The Fairtrade practice who deal with PPI claims. In February 2016 they submitted a claim to my bank regarding an advanced banking fee that i was paying for every month that actually didn’t serve a purpose, the bank accepted they was in the wrong and paid me back £894.66 this was paid directly into my bank, Fast forward nearly four years, November 2019 i receive an email from Fair trade practice stating “ congratulations you have been awarded some money from said bank” this was rather confusing so i made the phone call an asked about this to which they told me an amount of £894.64 would be paid into my bank soon.

Continuing to look for this money going in the bank, the day never came so i contacted my bank which then told me the money was paid in march 2016!!!! I then contacted Fair trade practice to sort this mess out who informed me that they forgot to chase u there invoice for charges 25% of total monies received, moving on they have been sending threatening letters and not allowed me to look further into this matter and also applied charges etc they have now proceeded to tel me i owe £363.96 and i must pay immediately otherwise they will take me to court.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences.

Regards
Martin :j

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thread moved to Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Seems like you owe them some money I’m afraid, best thing would be to speak to them to come to some kind of reasonable payment arrangement as due to their delay in invoicing you the money has long been spent - if you are looking for a way out of paying them I’d say you had little or no hope as their contracts are usually fairly solid, also FOS would unlikely be an option as the event was prior to their regulation (if they indeed became regulated).
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Moneill86 wrote: »
    Good day all
    I am new to the group so thank you in advance for any feedback and advice given here. My query is about a situation with a company called The Fairtrade practice who deal with PPI claims. In February 2016 they submitted a claim to my bank regarding an advanced banking fee that i was paying for every month that actually didn’t serve a purpose, the bank accepted they was in the wrong and paid me back £894.66 this was paid directly into my bank, Fast forward nearly four years, November 2019 i receive an email from Fair trade practice stating “ congratulations you have been awarded some money from said bank” this was rather confusing so i made the phone call an asked about this to which they told me an amount of £894.64 would be paid into my bank soon.

Continuing to look for this money going in the bank, the day never came so i contacted my bank which then told me the money was paid in march 2016!!!! I then contacted Fair trade practice to sort this mess out who informed me that they forgot to chase u there invoice for charges 25% of total monies received, moving on they have been sending threatening letters and not allowed me to look further into this matter and also applied charges etc they have now proceeded to tel me i owe £363.96 and i must pay immediately otherwise they will take me to court.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences.

Regards
    Martin :j

So your trying to Ripoff Fairtrade by not paying them amount due??
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The thread title does not reflect the situation. As much as many of us on these forums do not like claims companies, they are not ripping you off. Indeed, it appears as if you are trying to rip them off.

Given the length of time it has taken for them to chase their fee, it would not be unreasonable for you and them to agree a repayment schedule. Typically 12-24 months would be the sort of timescale expected.
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    SonOf wrote: »
    The thread title does not reflect the situation.

Think it fits perfectly... OP is trying to rip off Fairtrade practice, what a scandal :D
  • Astar1809
    Astar1809 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I have used the Fairtrade Practise and referred them to family, we had some really nice win and from places we wouldn't have even thought to claim from. They do a good job and rely on word of mouth (no advertising).What is your gripe with them? as in the terms and conditions you sigh up to it mentions a few times the charges, yes they forgot to remind you but you also "forgot" to pay them their commission on the work they have done.
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I too have used this company and found them to be good. They have been professional in all dealings and are upfront about their charges. Yes, it goes against the grain a bit handing over their fee but I'd probably never have won any refund without them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    whitesatin wrote: »
    Yes, it goes against the grain a bit handing over their fee but I'd probably never have won any refund without them.

You would have, as long as you have some basic writing or typing abilities and access to either the internet or a post office.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    "They have been professional in all dealings and are upfront about their charges"
    They are not upfront on their website that you could also claim yourself though! Fairtrade....but not following FCA guidelines!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    "They have been professional in all dealings and are upfront about their charges"
    They are not upfront on their website that you could also claim yourself though! Fairtrade....but not following FCA guidelines!

Personally I despise claims companies, however what a ridiculous point to make... do you complain that Tesco doesn’t tell you you can shop at Asda?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure