Barclaycard refusing to write off £8.2K DRO debt

Options
shinymummy
shinymummy Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 23 January 2020 at 12:01AM in IVA & DRO
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else had problems with Barclaycard refusing to write off debts included in their DRO? Mine was in January 2018 and the debt was for £8.2K and was clearly included in the DRO. I've written to all the credit agencies who then further wrote to Barclaycard querying the matter. One credit agency later updated its records to satisfies but there remains a third that they continue to report the debt as in default and have ignored when the credit agency wrote to them

Below is an extract of my email of complaint to Barclaycard today demanding they mark the debt as satisfied. Apparently there is at least one additional user on here who has been living with the same problem with Barclaycard ignoring her letters too. Anyone else have this problem?
"
Re Barclaycard XXXXXXXXX4007 £8270 / Debt Relief Order

22 January 2019

To whom it may concern,

Please be advised that the abovementioned debt has been included in a Debt Relief Order DROXXXXXXX dated 25 January 2018

I have asked all three credit rating agencies to contact you about this as you continue to report this as "in default" and not "satisfied" like all other creditors. The credit rating agencies have informed me that you have ignored their communication to you highlighting this issue.

You have passed on the debt as an active debt in default to Robinson Way despite the debt being written off on 25 January 2018.

Please immediately update my credit record with all the credit agencies marking the debt as "satisfied".

Please confirm within 14 days that you have updated my credit record as satisfied and also confirm that you will no longer be attempting to collect the debt as it has been included in DRO XXXXXXX of 25 January 2018.

If I do not receive confirmation of the above from yourselves within 14 days I will escalate the matter with the Official Receiver and with the Financial Ombudsman. You should also instruct debt collectors Robinson Way to no longer attempt to collect the debt.

Sincerely,

VC

cc: Official Receiver

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    Edit your post to take out the Barclays reference, for your security.

Can't comment on your issue.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • renegadefm
    renegadefm Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was told by my OR to ignore anything like that, and that some companies you had debt with try it on even though its written off.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,940 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's some advice at https://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-dro/ which might be of help. See the section headed Correcting Problems.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    shinymummy wrote: »
    Please be advised that the abovementioned debt has been included in a Debt Relief Order DROXXXXXXX dated 25 January 2018

I have asked all three credit rating agencies to contact you about this as you continue to report this as "in default" and not "satisfied" like all other creditors. The credit rating agencies have informed me that you have ignored their communication to you highlighting this issue.

You have passed on the debt as an active debt in default to Robinson Way despite the debt being written off on 25 January 2018.

Please immediately update my credit record with all the credit agencies marking the debt as "satisfied".

Please confirm within 14 days that you have updated my credit record as satisfied and also confirm that you will no longer be attempting to collect the debt as it has been included in DRO XXXXXXX of 25 January 2018.

If I do not receive confirmation of the above from yourselves within 14 days I will escalate the matter with the Official Receiver and with the Financial Ombudsman. You should also instruct debt collectors Robinson Way to no longer attempt to collect the debt.

Sincerely,

VC

cc: Official Receiver

Really you should be pointing out that the moratorium completed successfully in Jan 2019. The DRO team can issue a letter to that effect if you did not print off a screenshot in the 3 months it was visible.

Bear in mind that if RW are involved it probably means that Barclaycard sold the debt to Hoist.

They should still be marking your file correctly though, so default date before dro date and balance zero.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure