Pet insurance

Options
Hi everyone, I’m looking for recommendations on pet insurance for my puppy? They all sound great but I want one that I can trust will actually pay out! Would anyone like to share their experience please? :j thank you :)

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Pet Plan. They're not the cheapest but are the best.
    For my late cat they settled a £3000 claim as quickly with no quibble as some of the £30 claims I made.
    Always be sure to read the full policy document so you know what is covered and what isn't.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 January 2020 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Look for lifetime cover if you can afford it. Go for more than 4K cover if you can - a two night stay in hospital for my dog on a drip (no operation needed) just cost me £1200.
    Check the excess and whether you need to pay a percentage of any bills (that's normally for older animals.)
    Proper lifetime cover where the amount resets each year - some call themselves lifetime but once you reach the limit that's it for good.
    I also use Petplan and have only had one issue with a claim, now resolved, but they are probably the most expensive insurer out there.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure