Royal mail alternative?

Options
Royal mail have lost all my daughters ESA paperwork despite me sending it special delivery [£8.70] , i have to resend the information but don't trust RM .
Does anyone use a different carrier ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The best advice someone gave to me years ago from the DWP was never send anything recorded/signed for, just get a proof of posting.
    Back to the question;when did you send it and when did they say they hadn't received it? It will often take 10 days from it being received to being scanned into the system and until its been scanned in they will think they haven't got it.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    If the DWP mail is received and opened by a Royal Mail mail centre, these don't have street addresses and won't receive post from other carriers.

You can usually hand applications in at a local Jobcentre
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    According to your other thread you sent it Special Delivery on 23rd December to arrive on 24th ? That's only six working days ago at most, assuming that the mail centre was open and fully staffed al lthe time between Christmas and the New Year. .

I think you need to give it a bit longer - as venison says, until the mail opening centre scans it into the system DWP staff won't be able to see it and it can take a while for that to happen.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you sent it to DWP on 23rd December, which is 1 day before they would have closed for Christmas. Christmas Eve they closed and didn't re-open until Monday 30th. They were then closed again on New years day.

It most likely won't be received until the end of next week but possibly longer because i've heard backlogs are huge with postal delays going to DWP.

What was the ESA paper work for?
  • Redredrobin
    Options
    my point is theirs no signature to say its been received and yesterday a letter arrived tell me time is running out to return it .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The letter saying not received is computer generated, if you have concerns call them tomorrow
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does the Royal Mail tracking system say it’s been delivered or not? If not, it may well be lost. If it says it’s delivered then it may be received but unprocessed as others have suggested.
  • Redredrobin
    Options
    I do plan to call tomorrow .

tracking has said the same since Dec 24th .

In Transit Tracking no. JS364119200GB
    Your item has reached NW Midlands Mail Centre. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

Service used:
    Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed 1pm™
  • Dixi
    Dixi Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the same issue the week before Christmas week. The website showed no update for 2 days and I was panicking as the paperwork had to be there for 26 December. My postman knew of no delays and said to ring customer services. I phoned Royal Mail and the DWP. The upshot was the paperwork had been delivered but the website not updated and I received a refund for the delivery cost.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 January 2020 at 9:49PM
    Options
    What is the ESA paperwork? (per poppy's earlier question, to which I can't see an answer)

Is it an ESA50 form?

If so, and if your daughter is claiming ESA due to depression /anxiety / other mental health difficulties then when you ring the ESA line make them aware of this. The DWP have more discretion over timescales with mental health ESA claims.

As has been said:
    the DWP mailing system is backlogged;
    proof of posting is best. Recorded / signed for delays things even further;
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure