* Step into Christmas * & 2020 - It's the 2020 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Chocolatedrinker
    Options
    Hello,
    Can I join please?
    I'm currently watching TV, being impressed that I'm still awake, although apparently I have to be as the (not quite) 10 year old is still up.

I want to try and make some more stuff for Xmas this year, particularly chutney and Limoncello and cookies as I haven't made them before (or not for a long time).
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a problem setting up the new thread. I just need to tidy up the posts but I’ll do that later on.

Anybody doing resolutions for the New Year?
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just place marking.

I have already started prepping for Xmas 2020 and would love to join. Will update later.
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody! Wishing everyone all the best for the new year and decade ahead. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody! I've had a lazy day today & not looking forward to things going back to normal next week.
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Happy new year everyone xx
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Just updated the food list with a few items that came to mind.

Does anybody else have any suggestions to be added?

SPC No 043
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I flit in and out of the Christmas threads. Hopefully I can keep up with everyone this year.

My present cupboard is empty and that's how I like it this time of year. I picked up a few bits in Boots, but my present buy for list reduces from this year.

My Neice and Nephew were 18 last year, so am now stopping. Though we still buy for other Neice, next year (2021), she plus both my 2 hit milestone birthdays and at this point I'm going to stop there too. Daughter becomes Higher education age from Sept next year and wants to do something expensive! We already support DS by paying his rent at Uni and we'll be ending up with an overlapping year for both kids, so am glad we are at long last reducing the Christmas list, just parents and grandparents we'll keep buying for plus my own household.
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Reduced who I will be buying for this year, just my two grandparents, my parents and my brother. Along with three pets. I’m aiming to lower the budgets for each person if I find some bargains throughout the year.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I’m a Christmas prepper. I started about 9 years ago when my DC were babies, out of financial necessity. Every year, I improve my prep and look forward to a stress free December, as the hard work has been spread through the other 11 months of the year. This includes buying a festive tablecloth whilst on holiday in the Med in August!

I did my annual Sainsburys Boxing Day sale. I bought wrapping paper and stocking fillers, which were reduced and I’m pleased with my haul.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure