IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPM - CCJ issued

Comments

• hiphop99
    hiphop99 Posts: 135
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We had parked in the guest bay, assuming we could park as residents.

Will I need to mention this in my set aside motion?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What terms have you ever been told or given about the 'guest bay'? Nothing?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hiphop99
    Forumite
    Absolutely nothing.

There is signage there however - that's my concern.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    The parking charge and the CCJ are dealt with differently. The judge who hears the set aside application may well decide that do not need to defend the PCN, (although the scammer may decide to pursue it anyway). Cross each bridge as you come to it.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • hiphop99
    Forumite
    Thanks for help so far.

After forensically reading the newbies thread, I had a few questions.

1) Do I have to go into deep detail about the overall chain of events + the letters sent and received? If I submit a SAR request, would that help with this issue?

2) In terms of process, I fill out a N244 - Is the witness statement a part of this or does that come into play if I get it set aside? Sorry there has just been a lot to read and digest so I wanted to be clear on the process.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If you look at what you have to fill in on the N244, it tells you that you are expected to attach a WS.

Submit a SAR, which will certainly help you later, at both the set aside hearing and in defending the actual PCN if the case proceeds after set aside.

For how to play it, just read other recent set aside threads - at least a dozen.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • You will need to show grouds for the set-aside, and this should be in a witness statement. There is guidance for this in the threads that others have referred you to.
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    hiphop99 wrote: »
    Thanks for help so far.

After forensically reading the newbies thread, I had a few questions.

1) Do I have to go into deep detail about the overall chain of events + the letters sent and received? If I submit a SAR request, would that help with this issue?

2) In terms of process, I fill out a N244 - Is the witness statement a part of this or does that come into play if I get it set aside? Sorry there has just been a lot to read and digest so I wanted to be clear on the process.

Witness statement should reflect, what is in the witnesses knowledge, but only in so far as to adduce evidence to the matter at hand.

A set aside is not a claim. Whilst you may decide to adduce evidence in relation to the underlying parking matter as a way to show there is a realistic prospect of defending a claim, you wouldn't adduce evidence in a hearing about the underlying parking matter with regards to being on the voters roll or not receiving the claim form etc.
  • hiphop99
    Forumite
    I have seen people write a lot for their set aside, including the particulars of the claim? I really thought that was a different document.

Just to be clear - I do not need to send off the SAR as part of the set aside request?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hiphop99 wrote: »
    I have seen people write a lot for their set aside, including the particulars of the claim? I really thought that was a different document.

Just to be clear - I do not need to send off the SAR as part of the set aside request?

A SAR goes to the company and is a completely separate issue to the set aside.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback